• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP phat battery always saying 0%

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
This has just happened recently, but for some reason my psp fat battery is always at 0% and doesn't seem to go up at all. Any help/ideas?

dennis96411

Maybe your battery is damaged? Maybe it's a glitch?

Darkchild

The Doctor
What AcerThief Is trying to say is, did you convert it to a pandora very often?

If so, that might be your problem, if it IS your problem, you might wanna go back to the Pandora making tutorial, and check the baterry part, and put it back to normal...

hope this helped

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
It's been working fine till recently and It's been a week since i've used it as a pandora(i've been using it for a week as a normal battery). This battery was given to me for free when i modded this psp that was bought in 2005 so... Could it be that the life span ran out? Or something like a a broken connecion inside the battery causing the battery % to be misread.(my external charger indicate taht the battery is 100% and full, and yes it has enuf energy to run the psp no prob if i glitch the battery % detector). So should i check the inside or is there a common way to fix this?

Acerthief

2 years of rechargeable batteries life span is normal.

Most batts like these die out 200 charges, and dies out even faster if it has be converted before.

If you're willing to take the risk, try flashing the eeprom back again?
That is, if you dare.

Darkchild

The Doctor
2 years of rechargeable batteries life span is normal.

Most batts like these die out 200 charges, and dies out even faster if it has be converted before.

If you're willing to take the risk, try flashing the eeprom back again?
That is, if you dare.

Xd don't let him scare you! =P

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
I tried changing it to random eeprom, normal, etc doesn't fix the problem. I know this sounds absurd but if someone can make a plugin that rigs the battery % detecting then i'll be able to use this battery like normal.(it stores energy but the reading part for the psp is broken/blown).

d1ddy

well , last time i checked ebay sells some cheap 2200 mah batteries

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
Hmm should i pop this one open and check it out( to see if anything burntout with the connectors or shold i just get another battery and use this one as a perm pandora?)

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Hmm should i pop this one open and check it out( to see if anything burntout with the connectors or shold i just get another battery and use this one as a perm pandora?)

i say having a perm pandora kit is good :)