• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What Game Do You Find Overrated

Death_Pigeon

All Work and No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy
What Game Does everyone find to be the most hyped but you find to be much overated.
Me for example never liked WoW find it boring and tedious played for like 10 solid hours and got bored of it.

goemon4

overrated... hmm, i can think of alot, but one that i always hated was Guitar Hero and Rockband. I dont hate the games by any means, i mean i love rhythm games, but these 2 arent that great, their fun to an extent, but its just so annoying hearing kids ask me "Do you like dragonforce?" just cause they saw someone on youtube play one of their songs in guitar hero.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Congratulations, Goemon and MI, you've just made it onto my hitlist!:smile:

Uh, I'd have to say today's major sports franchise games, they're all overrated and drull, including Madden, Winning Eleven, NBA2kX, etc. Also, pretty much every MMORPG, especially WoW. Also Bioshock.
  • Fable
  • The Sims (all of 'em)
  • Age of Empires (all of 'em)
  • Half-Life (all of 'em)
  • Quake (all of 'em)
  • Crackdown
  • C&C3
  • Civilization (all of 'em)
  • Advance Wars (all of 'em)
  • INSERTWHATEVERHERE Tycoon (all of 'em)
  • Cooking Mama (all of 'em)
  • God of War (all of 'em)
  • Gran Turismo (all of 'em but 3)
  • Resident Evil (all of 'em but 4)
  • Metal Gear Solid (all of 'em but 3)
  • The earlier Ys games
  • Zelda: OoT
  • Final Fantasy IV, X, XII
  • Monster Hunter (all of 'em)
  • Sonic (all of 'em)
  • Starcraft
  • Earlier Phantasy Star games
  • Pokemon Diamond & Pearl
  • Fight Night (all of 'em)
  • Silent Hill (all of 'em)
  • Any games made before 1986 (the exception to this rule- Rogue)

Hmm... Anyone I've failed to piss off? Well, if you're not mad by now I killed your first pet. DONE.

Oh, and I didn't just put random stuff in there just to piss people off (sans the last one), everything in there I really do think is over-hyped.

PROTIP: I would never hurt an animal. Seriously. That's just wrong.

d1ddy

Congratulations, Goemon and MI, you've just made it onto my hitlist!:smile:

Uh, I'd have to say today's major sports franchise games, they're all overrated and drull, including Madden, Winning Eleven, NBA2kX, etc. Also, pretty much every MMORPG, especially WoW. Also Bioshock.
  • Fable
  • The Sims (all of 'em)
  • Age of Empires (all of 'em)
  • Half-Life (all of 'em)
  • Quake (all of 'em)
  • Crackdown
  • C&C3
  • Civilization (all of 'em)
  • Advance Wars (all of 'em)
  • INSERTWHATEVERHERE Tycoon (all of 'em)
  • Cooking Mama (all of 'em)
  • God of War (all of 'em)
  • Gran Turismo (all of 'em but 3)
  • Resident Evil (all of 'em but 4)
  • Metal Gear Solid (all of 'em but 3)
  • The earlier Ys games
  • Zelda: OoT
  • Final Fantasy IV, X, XII
  • Monster Hunter (all of 'em)
  • Sonic (all of 'em)
  • Starcraft
  • Earlier Phantasy Star games
  • Pokemon Diamond & Pearl
  • Fight Night (all of 'em)
  • Silent Hill (all of 'em)
  • Any games made before 1986 (the exception to this rule- Rogue)

Hmm... Anyone I've failed to piss off? Well, if you're not mad by now I killed your first pet.DONE.

Oh, and I didn't just put random stuff in there just to piss people off (sans the last one), everything in there I really do think is over-hyped.

PROTIP: I would never hurt an animal. Seriously. That's just wrong.

at least someone has the balls around here to say all these games suck , becuase most of them do

MenaceInc

Staff Member
haha,your hitlist?...i told you before that i didnt like the original megaman games,didnt i?

Cheezeball99

at least someone has the balls around here to say all these games suck , because most of them do
:biggrin:
haha,your hitlist?...i told you before that i didnt like the original megaman games,didnt i?
Probably, but then I probably blacked it out from rage.:p
Half-life?
Zelda:OoT?
You be crazy!
Zelda was the BEST game made for n64.
Super smash and golden eye were close 2nds.

I can honestly say I have the Orange Box and don't find anything but Portal interesting.

Bleh! Here's how the (major) Zeldas break down in my eyes-
1) Zelda: Link to the Past & The Legend of Zelda tied
2-x) Everything else.:wink:
Also, Smash Bros and Goldeneye were better than OoT, IMO. So was Penny Racers... DAMN I loved that game.

But to each his/her own, folks.

Roe

TBH I see him as cheezeball :biggrin: And I agree with most of those games sucking, except fight night. As for the megaman games, I've never played them *braces for reply*

d1ddy

TBH I see him as cheezeball :biggrin: And I agree with most of those games sucking, except fight night. As for the megaman games, I've never played them *braces for reply*

good , your not missing anything special

Darkchild

The Doctor
me too krazy, but you know, tastes aren't arguementable :)

If krazy prefers mario over megaman, let him, he's in his right ^^'' let's try and avoid an all scale game fan war... xD

Cheezeball99

me too krazy, but you know, tastes aren't arguementable :)

If krazy prefers mario over megaman, let him, he's in his right ^^'' let's try and avoid an all scale game fan war... xD

Oh bleh, calm down DC, it's playful banter at most. I know personal preference is a right, no matter how wrong it is...:wink::laugh:

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
i played through megaman x10 and the other ones when i was 4 till like now and i love them........ the orange box does suck half lifes are gay, tf is boring and weird, but portal i agree is fun, best part was the ending song and throwing a turret into the particle field and listening to it cry as it disintegrated and when you first use momentum and the computer goes weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!