• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Dark_AleX's Despertar del Cementerio "Universal Unbricker" v4

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
batterypsp.jpg

Homebrew developer Dark_AleX has released an update to his Despertar del Cementerio, a universal unbricker utility for PSP Slim and regular Phat PSP units. The unbricker will now install 3.80 M33-5 directly instead of 3.71 M33-3.

The changelog, which includes some critical bug fixes, is detailed below.[blockquote2]Changes in version 4

* Installer now checks if user has a custom theme installed, and ask him to disable it before running the program.
* the PSN DRM file in flash2 (act.dat) is now backuped during ms creation and restored in the unbrick.
* flash2 is now formatted too.
* Now installs 3.80 M33-5 instead of 3.71 M33-3.[/blockquote2]Download Despertar del Cementerio v4

Dark-AleX - PSP Developer [Dark_AleX]

porchemasi

Awsome news like always!! wooooo!

Hope he starts officially working on a Wireless USB mode and Screen Shot function to be 100% officially supported by him along with the xmb label modification!

PhreakAccident

Extracting using WinRAR 3.7x

A co-worker and I both are getting a WinRAR Diagnostic message stating that Invalid or authenticity information with regards to the despertar_cementerio4.rar file.

Does anyone know what was used to create this RAR? PeaZip doesn't seem to give the error; as a matter of fact no errors at all!

Anyway, cheers for another great release! As always, much thanks go to all on the dev teams!

PA

PhreakAccident

A co-worker and I both are getting a WinRAR Diagnostic message stating that Invalid or authenticity information with regards to the despertar_cementerio4.rar file.

Does anyone know what was used to create this RAR? PeaZip doesn't seem to give the error; as a matter of fact no errors at all!

Anyway, cheers for another great release! As always, much thanks go to all on the dev teams!

PA

Did a clean install of WinRAR and the problem cleared up. Same with my friend. Weird!

nevster

how sweet is this...

i got that error in winrar too, gonna do a clean install tomorrow, cheers for letting us know how to sort it :)

take it the 1.50.pbp used for the 1.50 kernal and the 3.80pbp that came with the 3.80 m33 update can be used with this?

only asked coz they'r still saved on my pc lol

also any idea where i can get the 3.40 eboot?

thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
how sweet is this...

i got that error in winrar too, gonna do a clean install tomorrow, cheers for letting us know how to sort it :)

take it the 1.50.pbp used for the 1.50 kernal and the 3.80pbp that came with the 3.80 m33 update can be used with this?

thanks

The 3.40 EBOOT can be downloaded from here:

http://exophase.com/files/psp/340.PBP

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
If im going to use it for other psps i should remove the act.dat from registery/act.dat on the ms right?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
If im going to use it for other psps i should remove the act.dat from registery/act.dat on the ms right?

Yes, because that file contains data specific to that PSP used for PS Store titles. Won't hurt if you leave it though.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So... basicly if alot of psp has the same act.dat they can share psn games? lol?

Nah, because the act.dat contains data specific to that PSP. If the same file is transferred to another PSP, it can't be decrypted.

PhreakAccident

how sweet is this...

thanks

I'm not sure what causes the error to pop up. I downloaded the latest version of WinRAR and installed it as shareware. Worked perfect. What clued me in was that Peazip (I use it on my Lexar Lightning) tested it and found no errors. WinRAR didn't error on my other RAR files which is why it was so weird.

Anyway, let us know if doing a clean install of WinRAR fixes things for you. :biggrin:

PhreakAccident

Am I correct in assuming that the file from Flash2 is copied to the DC4 stick, then Flash2 is formatted after which the file is moved back onto Flash2?

I have to say, I love this DC4. I've already tested it on my Phat. A friend will be bringing his slim in because he wants the Internet Radio Player.

Cheers
PA

Edit: I was meaning, if I unbrick my PSP and I do have the act.dat file, then I unbrick a mates, will this essentially hose the two files? Or does DC4 keep this straight? BTW, tnx Frosty for the clue about Edit. Sorry for the double post. =)

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
You don't have to double post all the time(edit button). Anyways, Internet Radio is avaliable for OFW if he runs the network update=O. OH and if your flash2 doesn't have act.dat(probably never bought anything from psn store) Then there's no act.dat in the magic stick files.

komplexq

I edited my 3.71M33-2 pandora by simply changing the 371 file to the 380 one, and ran the program. Anyway all worked fine on my PSP, and I realised that after updating my friend's, he now has my name on his psp.

What files do I have to remove on the pandora MS to change that?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I edited my 3.71M33-2 pandora by simply changing the 371 file to the 380 one, and ran the program. Anyway all worked fine on my PSP, and I realised that after updating my friend's, he now has my name on his psp.

What files do I have to remove on the pandora MS to change that?

Change the name on his PSP then copy the following files from his flash1 to the registry folder on the Pandora MS.

system.dreg
system.ireg

nevster

hiya... i've replaced the 371.pbp with the 3.80.pbp and ran the app, it said everything worked fine creating the mem stick. also stuck it in my psp along with the battery and the menu came up, was too scared to run it though lol everything should work ok if the menu saying if i want to install 3.80 cfw and ofw and the nand dump and everything came up though shouldn't it?

all works perfectly :)