• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

I want to make a game for DS. Anyone want to help?

shadowforte

So, I have tried to get a team up and running to make some games on these forums before, but nothing went down, so I want to try again. So here is my ideal:

2d Graphics

Gameplay is simple: You are a ninja on a mission: To get to the top of each level. You climb, jump, do whatever you have to to get to the top. The catch? The level can turn upside sideways and upside down. So you can be jumping up one moment, and the next be falling down. Or climbing and then having to run across the level. Level would be easy at first, but would get harder as you move along.

You have a few items you can use. There are ropes, climbing claws, ect. You only have one weapon though, and it is a pole. There are a lot of enemys and what not that you can avoid or kill. And the boss battles at the end are not about killing the boos, but rather getting out of his way to get to the top.

Now, I can not program. I can do some art and music and story and what not, but no programing. I like to cram hours of work, so I need someone that can sort of keep it up. If we start, I want to finish, so please keep that in mind. Anyone who wants to help, please post here.

Darkchild

The Doctor
I can try programming, but mind you though, I am still learning
and not yet to the graphics part.

Darkchild

The Doctor
Hmm, tell me what I should try and learn!
Maybe I should start by putting an image on the ds <3

Then...a sprite moving!

then IO...

lots of ideas...so little time..
anyways, god bless the emus, I'd be nothing without them xD(I have no patience to keep putting the rom on the MiniSD card, running, debugging, bla bla bla)

anyways, when test season is over, I'll look into it, I promise!

d1ddy

Sounds not bad , depending on how good it is . I might just have to buy a DS

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Wow. Thats a lot for not even seeing a screen shot! Thanks!

Lest you forget krazyking is, uh, CRAZY. If you told him Lamborghini's came with a toothpaste holder he'd buy one just to prove you wrong. He's that crazy.

Anyways, yeah, sounds like a good idea for a game. I'm always open to beta test.:smile: I beta test everyone's stuff all the time.:p

d1ddy

Lest you forget krazyking is, uh, CRAZY. If you told him Lamborghini's came with a toothpaste holder he'd buy one just to prove you wrong. He's that crazy.

I'd also buy 30 mail order brides just to let them free in the most beautiful country in the world , United States ..

Roe

If there's a good ds emu out there that can run homebrew I could give a shot at the programming. Coz I don't have that much money at the moment unfortunately

shadowforte

If there's a good ds emu out there that can run homebrew I could give a shot at the programming. Coz I don't have that much money at the moment unfortunately

Well, you will have to get with DC because he is the head of programing. Talk to him about what you need to do.

Darkchild

The Doctor
So? Any news?

I'm still learning but I can start programming a little demo for this game -_-' and have received nothing yet! XD

Shadow, get your lazy ass up and gimme a script and spriteS!

shadowforte

Alright, so I thought I would update everyone on how this is going. I have been doing a lot of concept drawings of sprites on paper and some of the levels as well. I am working on the story as we speak. I would also like ideals from anyone that wants to give them .