• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 3.90 M33 In Development

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psplogo4.jpg

We have received word from homebrew developer Dark_AleX that development on PSP custom firmware 3.90 has just recently started. Alex notes that 3.90 is nearly the same as 3.80, therefore it would be realistic to expect a release of the custom firmware soon, assuming all goes as planned.[blockquote2]Yeah, 3.90 is mostly the same as 3.80, that's why nearly everything works. However you will lose this with this trick: pops, msvideo plugin will get corrupted in ram, vshmain will get corrupted in ram (may or may not have consequences), sysconf_plugin will get corrupted too (that could explain the reason of sys info crash).

Anyways you can wait for 3.90 M33, this is an easy firmware.[/blockquote2]

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
No. That's what happens if you just try and replace all 3.80 modules with 3.90 ones (while running on 3.80 M33-5).

Ztryfe

Yeah.. i think that Dark_Alex will have a easy time on this one, the problem was all those changes from 3.7 to 3.8, seems like 3.9 didn't changed that much.

Anyway, Dark_Alex, keep up the wonderful work!

Tenshigami

I retract my previous statement that I don't expect a 3.90 M33. I guess due to the simplicity of it, DAX is going ahead anyway, despite saying that he'll only make new custom firmwares for "major" firmware updates. Though it does turn out Skype isn't the only addition. Some sort of Instant Messaging app is in the new firmware as well, I hear.