• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Psp help

jdm_dc5

Hello i am new to all this. I have a psp phat and i am running 3.80(offical). I was wondering how to downgrade. I read using pandora but i cant seem to work it. First they say to boot then press R but it doesnt work, i think you have to have a custom firmware. But was wondering what i can do. thank you

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hello i am new to all this. I have a psp phat and i am running 3.80(offical). I was wondering how to downgrade. I read using pandora but i cant seem to work it. First they say to boot then press R but it doesnt work, i think you have to have a custom firmware. But was wondering what i can do. thank you

Yes you need a custom firmware to follow that guide. There's no way to downgrade 3.80 without the aid of another PSP running custom firmware.

jdm_dc5

So if i have my friends run it on my memory card then transfer it that would work? or how would i have my friend with 3.80 m33 have him run it for me?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So if i have my friends run it on my memory card then transfer it that would work? or how would i have my friend with 3.80 m33 have him run it for me?

If you follow the guide, at the end you should have a converted Pandora battery and memory stick with the files on it. Then you just insert both into your PSP and it will boot up with a screen asking you to install 3.80 M33-5.

JonC04

Uhm... actually... you don't need another PSP with Custom Firmware, because I had your exact same problem and none of my friends have Custom Firmware, so I hardmodded one of my batteries. This might be dangerous and stuff... so yah... I'll look for a guide and get back to you =)

EDIT: Well.. I couldn't find a step-by-step guide, but I found one on how to hardmod a slim battery which is basically the same, but different area.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=i-t22RPG0ig
Here's a Picutre of where to cut: http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/iam7805/DSCF2043.jpg

Thanks to Th3SMS for the guide.