• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How To: Remove iR Shell Firmware Check

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
irshellmenurm0.jpg

Developer AhMan has released details on how to remove the firmware check within iR Shell, which prevents the current release from running on custom firmware 3.90 M33. All that needs to be changed is a single offset in the PRX modules irshell38x.prx and irshell38xs.prx. With a hex editor, make the following changes:[blockquote2]irshell/bin/irshell38x.prx: offset 0x284e, 0x82 -> 0x00
irshell/bin/irshell38xs.prx: offset 0x28da, 0x82 -> 0x00[/blockquote2]If you don't think your hex editing skills are up to par, Mov of the iR Shell forums has provided a downloadable ZIP archive of the aforementioned PRX modules. Copy the files inside of the ZIP to the "bin" directory found within the iR Shell folder, hit replace, and you should be good to go.

Even after applying the patch, Mov notes that certain iR Shell functions will not work correctly when on 3.90 M33, so for a fully-functional iR Shell it is advised to stay on 3.80 M33 series firmware.

Download iR Shell 3.9 Patched Files

Patched iR Shell 3.9 PRXes [iR Shell]

Ztryfe

Yep, stay on 3.80 M33, unless you happen to have a slim this update is pointless.

However i hope that irshell gets released for firmwares beyond 3.80 !

icedman204

Just wondering, since i do have 3.90M33 on my Slim PSP (just upgraded to CFW when i first got this version, still have the PSP Phat with 3.80M33 in it). What are the stuff removed from use, when applying this patch of iR Shell??? and are the removed stuff useful?

Richlando

It's not that they are removed, they just don't work...
So far what I've found are that rar and zip support,usbhostfs,redirection,and ISO and pops are out..

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor