• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

ID Storage KeyCleaner

JonC04

Well I want to get Custom XMB on my 3.90 M33 PSP and I found one that looks pretty reasonable because 3.90 M33 is new and not many people have time to make one for a new CFW.

But I don't know how to put the XMB onto my PSP, and I don't know how to use Chilly Willys ID Storage thingy ma-bober. I hear that I need to use the ID storage to back-up my ID Storage in-case of something severe happening...

PSP Phat Custom Firmware: 3.90 M33 w/ 1.50 Kernel Add-On
SanDisk Memory Stick PRO Duo: 2Gb

Just another question ^-^;; What is this PSP Filer that everyone has?

Acerthief

PSP Filer is a Content manager for you PSP.

as for custom XMB, I'd recommend you to use "Slash n Flash" (you can find it in dl.qj.net), you it helps you flash your theme, good for new users and lazy people. Read the instruction carefully though.

KeyCleaner is used for PSP that use old downgraders (2.71/2.80 dg) to either analyze or fix their keys. Backing up the keys are essential, because most keys are unique to every PSP. give it a try, let it analyze it for you, and backup your keys at the same time.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Just make a dump of the NAND. Save copies of the dump in several places in case you need it later. The NAND dump will be 33MB for the phat, and 66MB for the slim. The pandora software will make a dump. Nandtool will also dump the NAND.

JonC04

Sounds too complicated... maybe when I get more into it, I'll think about getting custom XMB theme sounds and waves...

pspknightx

Can I use KeyCleaner 1.4 to dump for the NAND?

pspknightx

Nope.

KeyCleaner is for common users who doesn't understand a lot about the keys.

Therefore it only handles a few keys, so no NAND dumper there. :D

So how do I dump my NAND instead of using del v4? Sorry for another question which post in other topic there XD

pspknightx

which version should i choose to dump my NAND and how to install and use it? I'm using 3.80m33-5 for PSP Phat.

Acerthief

Can I use KeyCleaner 1.4 to dump for the NAND?

Nope.

KeyCleaner is for common users who doesn't understand a lot about the keys.

Therefore it only handles a few keys, so no NAND dumper there. :D

Chilly Willy

Contributor
which version should i choose to dump my NAND and how to install and use it? I'm using 3.80m33-5 for PSP Phat.

nandTool 0.3b1 - http://nds.cmamod.com/wordpress/?dl=24

Just copy the EBOOT.PBP file to a directory in GAME, then run it from the XMB. Select the "Dump from NAND" menu option and it will write your NAND image to the memstick. Be sure to save that file on you pc, a cd, your neighbor's cat, etc. 8)

Example path: E:\PSP\GAME\nandTool\EBOOT.PBP

where E: is where the PSP shows in Windows when connected via USB. Change it if it's different on your system. Note that if you use a current linux distro, the path will be like

/media/disk/PSP/GAME/EBOOT.PBP

pspknightx

I'm receiving "The Game could not be started (80020148) after running the nandtool 0.3 which i put into the different path:

X:\PSP\GAME\nandtool\EBOOT.PBP.
X:\PSP\GAME380\nandtool\EBOOT.PBP

Both my PSP Phat & Slim which are 3.80m33-5 & 3.90m33 cannot start the nandtool.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm receiving "The Game could not be started (80020148) after running the nandtool 0.3 which i put into the different path:

X:\PSP\GAME\nandtool\EBOOT.PBP.
X:\PSP\GAME380\nandtool\EBOOT.PBP

Both my PSP Phat & Slim which are 3.80m33-5 & 3.90m33 cannot start the nandtool.

I think it only works under the 1.5 kernel... try GAME150.

pspknightx

Never update 1.50kernel addon for my PSP phat. But will give it a try.
But what about PSP Slim, how do I backup my NAND if it only can be worked under 1.50kernel ?

squid

From my understanding it is better to backup the NAND with out running the XMB.

Install Jas0nk's elf menu and load Nandtool from the elf menu on boot up.

You can also backup the NAND from DC3 or DC4.

pspknightx

What is Jas0nk's elf? And how to make nandtool become elf?
Can you give me a step on how to do it? Sorry I just know that back-ing up NAND is important > <

squid

Here is an excellent thread from Lan.st about Nandtool.

http://lan.st/showthread.php?t=1504&highlight=nand+tool

The NAND contains unique vital info for each individual PSP. The information in NAND has not been decrypted, and some individuals think it may never be. A full NAND may help recover a full brick. With some bricking, an absent NAND backup may be impossible to recover.

Here is another link for downloading Jas0nk's elf menu.
http://dl.qj.net/ELF-Menu-v0.2a-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/15065/catid/151

pspknightx

Still a bit of confuse on how to use the elf menu since it need Pandora to work.

"write different pieces of the NAND from various .flash format files in a RAW manner"
Does this mean that I have to back up different kind of NAND?