• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
How to use the multi boot loader? I was thinking to use it under 3.80m33-5, but the 5 ipl things i dont know how to choose.

First double click install_psp_ms_multi_loader_ipl.cmd, then connect your PSP via USB connection with the magic memory stick inserted. It should then ask you to install the IPL to your memory stick. Press Y and hit enter.

Now look on your magic memory stick, you should have a file called ms_ipl.bin. Make a folder called "ipl" in the same directory, and copy the ms_ipl.bin to that folder. Then rename the ms_ipl.bin inside of "ipl" to 150ex.bin.

Then in the RECOVERY_LOADER folder of the multi boot loader package there should be a pspboot.bin file. Rename this file to ipl.bin and move it into the "ipl" folder you just created on the memory stick.

PSP should boot normal with a Pandora battery inserted now... and if you want to access the Pandora menu hit L during bootup.

Okay, I'm new, and I got a slimPSP for christmas, and really could careless about the crap games released for it, what interests me is the GBA/SNES/NES emulators, so doing my digging I find that I need this homebrew thing, and apparently I have to have a homebrew PSP to make a homebrew PSP, well, issue with that is pretty obvious, so not knowing anyone with a Pandora's battery, is there a harder longer more frustrating way to do this without an already cracked PSP on the Slim?

Yes, there is a way. You can hardmod the battery. BenHeck has a good tutorial on it:

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=21280

As for the magic memory stick files, they are illegal to distribute. But you should be able to find them easily via Google.

thanks for the help x3,very very much appreciated,Yea I think its the battery.

One last question(I think I said that a couple of posts above,lol).

Once I get 3.80m33 on the slim can I then go ahead and create a Pandora with the slim? Thanks again.

Yes, you can create a Pandora on the Slim.

Haad

i have a bricked psp slim was running 3.71 m33-4 was flashin custom boot sounds on slim and bricked it now it wont turn on only the power led turns on for 5-7 sec.

now plz tell me that can this be unbricked with a pandora battery and memorystick.. and will i have to use a slims battery oir fat will work??? plz som1 reply..

psp slims can be unbricked?? and any usefull info plz..

Haad

can the both batteries slim 1 and fat 1 will work as a pandora on the opposite systems.. i mean slim on fat psp or fat for slim psp for pandora.?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
can the both batteries slim 1 and fat 1 will work as a pandora on the opposite systems.. i mean slim on fat psp or fat for slim psp for pandora.?

Phat batteries can be used on Slim, but Slim batteries can't be used on a Phat.

Anyways yeah a Pandora should unbrick your PSP... sounds like it's just a theme problem.

Haad

hey ppl i made a pandora battery and memstick and when i was in service mode i pressed x to install 3.80 m33 and after that it got stuck adn formatting flash0.??? i used a fat psp with 3.71 m33-4 to make a pandora battery and memstick.. anything any mistake i made??

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Did you try again? Should have no problem formatting flash0...

Haad

YES i tried but its just stuck there on formatting flash0 i waited 10-14 mins but nothing was happening..??? help som1..

whiggsy

help for a noob psp guy

i tried updating my psp to 3.52 m33 from my 3.40 oe-c and it stopped half way through flashing now the psp is bricked what can i do or where can i get a magic mem stick and pandora battery from please help

im on whiggsy [at] hotmail [dot] com

thanks

will

darku

hello everybody :)
I have a big big problem
i did all the steps, but when i put a pandora battery from an Slilm (3.80-5 m33) to a new Slim (to mod it), and also put that "magic" memory stick, the green led start flashing and then nothing happens, the new Slim doesnt start at all, then i put pandora battery back to my old PSP it didnt work too, Slim is just dont want to start, i dunno why :(
so wthat i did not correctly ? :(
any help would been apreciated, cheers

pspknightx

hello everybody :)
I have a big big problem
i did all the steps, but when i put a pandora battery from an Slilm (3.80-5 m33) to a new Slim (to mod it), and also put that "magic" memory stick, the green led start flashing and then nothing happens, the new Slim doesnt start at all, then i put pandora battery back to my old PSP it didnt work too, Slim is just dont want to start, i dunno why :(
so wthat i did not correctly ? :(
any help would been apreciated, cheers

Maybe you should try put the memory stick 1st into the PSP before you put your pandora battery.
The old PSP that you mean is Phat or Old Slim PSP ?
If it is Phat, Slim battery wont work on it.
Thus, if you don't convert your pandora battery(service) back to normal battery, it will not work properly on your PSP.

darku

i did all over again, all the process, and still i got the same problem.
Old PSP - i mean PSP Slim with 3.80-5 m33, new PSP Slim (wich i wish to mod) has 3.72 oficial FW :crying:
i insert Magic memory stick into new Slim, then i put the pandora battery too, in the first the green led is lighting itself (i didn't start the PSP) and nothing happens, i doesnt start.
If i put pandorized battery back to my old Slim it doesnt start too (it is not a problem i can make my battery back to normal, the problem is that i cannot mod my second PSP :( )
:confused1: :crying:
any ideas ?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i did all over again, all the process, and still i got the same problem.
Old PSP - i mean PSP Slim with 3.80-5 m33, new PSP Slim (wich i wish to mod) has 3.72 oficial FW :crying:
i insert Magic memory stick into new Slim, then i put the pandora battery too, in the first the green led is lighting itself (i didn't start the PSP) and nothing happens, i doesnt start.
If i put pandorized battery back to my old Slim it doesnt start too (it is not a problem i can make my battery back to normal, the problem is that i cannot mod my second PSP :( )
:confused1: :crying:
any ideas ?

The battery is working - seems like the memory stick files aren't. So no menu pops up at all when you insert the battery + magic memory stick in either of your PSPs? Can you try using a different memory stick? No need to reconvert the battery again.

darku

No menu apears, display is just dead on both PSP's
maybe i will try different memory stick (i think tomorow), mine is a original sony 8Gb (magic gate compatible)
also is a little strange, then i start the PSP with "Magic" memory stick inserted and with a normal battery, i need to wait more seconds (10 seconds more) to open the XMB

pspknightx

One question, if i had made a Magic Memory Stick and format it through PC due to some virus from others people Laptop, do I need to start to make the Magic MS from Step 1 or can skip other steps ?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
One question, if i had made a Magic Memory Stick and format it through PC due to some virus from others people Laptop, do I need to start to make the Magic MS from Step 1 or can skip other steps ?

You'll need to start from the beginning... unless you have backed up the files to your computer.

darku

I did it, i did it :D
you were right x3sphere
pandora battery was ok, magic memory stick was my problem
many thanks :)

pspknightx

Starting from the beginning again and finally dumped my 2 PSP's NAND :D (For not knowing about the importance of NAND almost 1 year XD)
The NAND doesn't content the key right? If want backup key, i can only use KC 1.4 or IDSM 1.3 ?