• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

AznSaiyan

so if i am correct this is for the fat psp battery.

Will this battery also can make slime to costume firmware?

Can you use this battery and the magic memory stick for slim line psp too?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
so if i am correct this is for the fat psp battery.

Will this battery also can make slime to costume firmware?

Can you use this battery and the magic memory stick for slim line psp too?

Yes, it works on both Slim and Phat batteries. Also remember you can use the Phat battery in a Slim unit.

AznSaiyan

So i am now 3.90 m33-2 if i use the pandora and magic memory stick i can go back to 3.80 m33-5 if i want.

am i correct or?

AznSaiyan

yeah i want to go back too because a game of mine cant be saved. 3.90m33-2 still cant find my memory stick for that game somehow.

Acerthief

yeah i want to go back too because a game of mine cant be saved. 3.90m33-2 still cant find my memory stick for that game somehow.

Did you use the msfatmod.prx patch for your 3.90M33 PSP?
That might be the problem.

AznSaiyan

Read the News and the Install Guide in the Thread HERE, and you'll get it. :D

but will the next update 3.90m33-3 not be fixed? So i have to install it? will it not brick my psp? i am running now 3.90m33-2

also if you have magic memory stick. can you use it like normal one? I mean like using for games and stuff WITHOUT DELETING THE MAGIC MEMORY STICK FILES.

so if i brick my psp i can still use that stick with games in it and other stuff like SNES games?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
but will the next update 3.90m33-3 not be fixed? So i have to install it? will it not brick my psp? i am running now 3.90m33-2

also if you have magic memory stick. can you use it like normal one? I mean like using for games and stuff WITHOUT DELETING THE MAGIC MEMORY STICK FILES.

so if i brick my psp i can still use that stick with games in it and other stuff like SNES games?

Yes you can use it as a normal memory stick without deleting the files.

AznSaiyan

14. Copy the 1.50 update to the root of your memory stick (X:\UPDATE.PBP, if X is the drive letter of your PSP).

My english is not that very good but my question is where do i have to put this 1.50update?

which folder?

pspknightx

Just put it under the root of your memory stick.
Which you can see those "ISO", "VIDEO", "PICTURE", "PSP" and so on.
Just put it there with the name of UPDATE.PBP.

AznSaiyan

somehow it wont work.

I have download the Hellcat's Pandora Installer for 3.XX Rev 3a

i extracted it and put it in game folder.

when i go back to psp and go to the memory stick i only have an icon damaged data.

what did i do wrong?????????????????

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
somehow it wont work.

I have download the Hellcat's Pandora Installer for 3.XX Rev 3a

i extracted it and put it in game folder.

when i go back to psp and go to the memory stick i only have an icon damaged data.

what did i do wrong?????????????????

Are you sure you copied the correct folder? You should have X:/PSP/GAME/pan3xx

AznSaiyan

stupid me i extracted the file and put the whole folder in game instat of pan3xx

next question is how do you know if the memorystick is working correct or installed right?

16. Press X to install a 1.50 firmware, containing Pandora, to the memory stick.

17. When the process is finished, press L+X to install the IPL. Now exit the application.

because after i pressed x i didnt read what on psp was and i pressed L+X

but i have finished to the end. All 22 steps

Also this will change your psp to 3.80m33-5. if i use it to phat psp can i also change my psp to 3.40 oe-a? because there is a 340.PBP?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
stupid me i extracted the file and put the whole folder in game instat of pan3xx

next question is how do you know if the memorystick is working correct or installed right?

16. Press X to install a 1.50 firmware, containing Pandora, to the memory stick.

17. When the process is finished, press L+X to install the IPL. Now exit the application.

because after i pressed x i didnt read what on psp was and i pressed L+X

but i have finished to the end. All 22 steps

Also this will change your psp to 3.80m33-5. if i use it to phat psp can i also change my psp to 3.40 oe-a? because there is a 340.PBP?

The only way to make sure it is working correctly is by booting up your PSP with the battery and magic memory stick inserted. Seems like you did everything correct though.

As for your other question, yes this installs 3.80 M33-5 on your PSP. You can't change your PSP to 3.40 OE by doing this. The guide and programs are made specifically to install 3.80 M33-5.

hittenmitsurugi

hey guys,new hir..i have question my psp is already moded (3.71) and i want to make a pandora battery and magic mem stick?is it ok if i will use my psp to make a pandora batt and magic mem stick?? and also what is the use of magic mem stick??

thanks!:biggrin:

hittenmitsurugi

hey guys,new hir..i have a question, i have my moded psp (3.71) and i want to make a pandora battery and magic mem stick, is it ok if i will use my psp to make pandora batt and magic mem stick??and also, what is the use of the magic mem stick??

pspknightx

hey guys,new hir..i have a question, i have my moded psp (3.71) and i want to make a pandora battery and magic mem stick, is it ok if i will use my psp to make pandora batt and magic mem stick??and also, what is the use of the magic mem stick??

if you are using 3.71m33 on your psp, then u can make a pandora battery with magic mem stick.

The use of the magic ms, however i dunno how to explain very well, but it is the main part for unbrick your PSP :D guess u have to wait x3sphere to explain it for you, sorry couldn't help XD

APIV

Can anyone help me? I screwed up big time when I did the 3.90 M33 wrong. I think I placed the files in the wrong place or name. Now the system is plain 3.90.

I tried the steps above to revert it, but I dont have diagnostic mode, nor will the system run any app, Time Machine or Pandora's Battery. Is it totally screwed, or is there something I can do?