• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The Best Ever PSP Game

alabatusa

Hey all
just wondering, i was searching on the net, to find the best psp game out there, so i can go n buy it.
i read heaps of reviews, but my experience from the past tells me that these reviewers dont review games properly. and who better to tell me wat game to buy, but people who play games, more than these reviewers.

so any suggestions, to what game i should buy. i dont really care about longevity, rather the game must be fun,even if verysmall

thanks guys

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Just go to nearly any store and rent some PSP games. Spend $1 on a game you think you might like from the reviews to see if you really like it. If you do like it, you'll often find it used for less at that same store. If you don't like it, you're out $1. Unless you're a seven year-old, you should be able to afford that.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It's hard to say without knowing what kind of genres you're interested in, but I would recommend Killzone, Initial D, and Mega Man Powered Up/Maverick Hunter X.

Hellcat

Contributor
Well, unfortunately there's *NO* game so far that blasted me off my couch.

There are quite some "pretty good" ones, but no "WOW!OMG!" ones IMHO.

I enjoy Wipeout a lot (Pure and Pulse) but I'm a bit biased here, beeing a big fan of the WO "series" :D

Oh, I DO have one "must have with me all the time" game, indeed it's one of the smaller ones: "Starsoldier".
Fly around with a spaceship and shoot all that moves - if it doesn't move, shoot it anyway :D
Only downside of that: JAP import only ;)

Some other I could recomment w/o bad consiousness:
- Pinball Hall Of Fame
- Burnout Dominator
- GTA VCS

that's what comes to mind ATM

EvilSeph

Administrator
Oh, come on x3sphere, the OP asked for "The Best Ever PSP Game" not what game you'd recommend for them :p

Best Ever? Hmm. There are a few on my list, mostly because the main reason I bought a PSP was to play games on it along with some development on the side.

Kingdom of Paradise - RPG
Loco Roco - unique gameplay
Killzone Liberation
Patapon - unique gameplay concept
Crush - unique puzzle game
Shinobido - I love ninja games

I actually have a huge list. But yea, like x3sphere said, since you're wanting to know what games *you* should buy, we'd have to know what kind of games you like :p

chemist

Staff infection
Just go to nearly any store and rent some PSP games. Spend $1 on a game you think you might like from the reviews to see if you really like it. If you do like it, you'll often find it used for less at that same store. If you don't like it, you're out $1. Unless you're a seven year-old, you should be able to afford that.
$1 game rentals, where? At block buster the rentals there are around $8 ;(

Radox

My best games

LocoRoco - simply amazing
Metal Gear Solid : Porable Ops - Good if you like the series
FF7 Crisis Core - w8in for it in UK currently got japanese game

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Personally I can not pick a single "best" PSP game. The one that I would probably have played the most would have been GTA:LCS. This could greatly be attributed to Edison Carter's cheat device which added more playtime to the game overall. I enjoyed playing this game the most of my PSP games

There are a lot of titles I would recommend playing such as Prince of Persia, Lumines, Wipeout Pure, Ridge Racer and Megaman Powered Up.

Megaman Powered Up really is overlooked I think. If you love Megaman, I strongly recommend this game. Not only does it play great, it has a level editor (simple to use). I had a level I was building for a few days but since it was quite complicated I didn't finish it (got busy with other games).

I was hooked on Lumines for quite some time. I actually (I'll admit it), downloaded a ripped 32mb version of it and ended up buying the game after that after seeing how great the game was. Well worth the purchase.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
hmm....i'd say Wipeout Pulse,GTA:LCS,Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles and Megaman Maverick Hunter X are the best games i've played on my psp. :)

alabatusa

yeh, i liked the wipeout series, i borrowed it of my friend ages ago, was addictive, and where can u get $1 rentals, im in aus n ive never heard of that so i dunno :|...
it doesnt matter about genre, it just has to have the "wow" factor and must be addictive, lol, so my mum can scream at me more :p

alabatusa

lol, just bought GOD OF WAR: Chains of Olympus

AND it is DAMN GOOD!

tops...

definitely recommend to anyone to buy

thesorrowmgs3

Custom Pro
Lumines.....its not necessarly good, just very addicting.