• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Nand Dump via Pan3xxrv3b

Richlando

Ok,no replies elsewhere..so here the rant goes again..

I tried to use the Nand dump option and it hung up at the dumping....screen.I had to reboot and the MS led was off when I did.It rebooted just fine but I connected to my pc via USB to see if the dump was successful and to my surprise there were only 3 files on it.Two weird files with Japanese names and one file that was just labeled as 3.91GB..I tried opening the first two files and Vista reported that the syntax labels or was it volumes was incorrect and wouldn't proceed.I freaked out needless to say,I had alot of stuff on my stick that was and is gone forever..

I then had no choice but to format the stick and start over..and my battery was a Pandora at the time..I formatted in the XMB,connected to USB,copied and ran Panxxrev3b and like an idiot reformatted the stick for Pandora and chose the reboot option.I don't have to tell you what happened next..to top it off I had just sold my Phat and the wall charger that I had since I was using the USB charge in my slim more anyway..I finally went to Walmart at like 2am and bought a new one,powered it with that loaded the XMB then put the battery back in,booted up the Panxxrev3b again and converted my battery back to normal..whew...................................... ...............................................clo se call,and I feel like an idiot..Can I safely go back to Pandora on my slim? I'm assuming yes since I don't have the TA-85v2 mb,I want to because I happen to like the extra security it provides(380M33-5 recovery via DC4) and for the TM..

But what happened? I'm afraid to try the Nand dump again,but I've heard alot that it's a good idea to do..any feedback?

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
Well, I don't know what happened but try Cory's nandtool, that's what I use. Check it on lan.st