• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Pandoras box is leaving me confused!!!help plz

UnknownHero

Shinobi
i need to know if this is a valid Pandora bat. heres link.
http://www.consoleshop.com/product.php?productid=20631:ohmy::confused1:

okay secondly i need someone to (in the most hard pressed, describable, step by step (baby steps) way of modding a p.s.p slim so i can actually download and play psp games on it.:mellow::mellow::mellow::blushing:
it needs to be very very detailed and step by baby waling step (and i'm talking 3 months old those are some very small steps:laugh:)

thirdly if anyone could tell me where i can get like an uber mem card (8 or 16 gb would be awesome:w00t:) for uber cheap (no way im spending over 40-50$ on a mem card its ridiculous:mad1:)

fourthly thank you i, so much i have had a totally sukage week, and it would be so win if someone could help me. lets just say i lost my psp, a 4gb mem card, two games (fft-war of the lions, and dragoneers aria) i lost my case for my psp, and all the vids, and pics i had on it. ive looked in the lost and found at my school but to no avail, theres no way im gonna be able to get it back. and so im gonna have to buy a psp slim (gow edition hopefully):crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::mad1::crying::cursing::crying::crying:

thanx again. and btw im an uber noob when it comes to this, and i can only learn if it is painstakingly described to me to make it literally so simple a 2 year old could do it. and for the third time thanx.:w00t::biggrin::biggrin::smile::w00t:

thanx...again, again, again. and another time thanx.:thumbup:

JonC04

I responded to your first one, but I'll go more in depth this time:

That Pandora Battery doesn't look safe, the ones that are most common are called "Datel Battery Tools" and their orange coloured. They are also known as Service Mode Batteries and can be switched from service mode to a normal running battery back.
Datel Battery Tool LINKS

Now for the step-by-step guide.
1. If you can buy an Orange Datel Battery Tool(Pandora Battery), then you have completed one crucial step on downgrading/restoring any PSP to 3.80M33-5.
2. There is a guide that I used when I needed to make a Magic Memory Stick(This Memory Stick must be atleast 256MB and no more than 2GB) for your PSP. This guide does not require a PSP that is Homebrew-Capable.
How to make a Magic Memory Stick w/o a PSP The files in the video can be found in the description.
3. Once you have a Magic Memory Stick and a Pandora Battery, you should insert the Magic Memory Stick in your PSP first, then you would insert the Pandora Battery in your PSP Slim. You should make sure the Orange Datel Battery Tool Battery Pack is fully charged before you use it as a Pandora Battery. When you have the Magic Memory Stick in the PSP, then you have the Battery pack, being held on the Slim, you should see the Green light on the right side(Power On) come on and maybe the Memory Stick Orange light go on. The Screen on a PSP Slim should be black and you shouldn't be able to see anything on the screen. Press "X" if the Green Light(Power On) is on and the Memory Stick(Orange Light) and the WLAN(Left Green Light) lights should be flashing non-stop, wait a good 3-5min before pressing "X" again to confirm the Shutdown of the PSP.
4. Remove the Orange Datel Battery Tool and put in your Original Slim Battery Pack and boot up your PSP.
5. If the PSP turns on and it goes to XMB Successfully, then congratulations! you now have Ver. 3.72M33 and from this point, you can upgrade to 3.90M33-3.
3.90M33-3 Install Guide

3.90M33-3 ReadMe.txt
3.90 M33-3

Requeriments:

- 3.52 M33-3 or higher

Instructions.

- Copy UPDATE folder to /PSP/GAME and run the program.

If you are in 3.90 M33, that's all needed.
If you are in previous version, you need to download 390.PBP and put it in same folder or let
the program to download it for you.

Changes:

- March33 noumd driver compatibiilty has increased to support games like Coded Arms, Patapon, Harvest Moon Innocent Life and probably others affected by same errors.

6. Because you have Ver 3.72M33, you'll need to get the 390.PBP for the "UPDATE" folder which can be found here:Official Firmware Update EBOOTS - dennis96411

7. Now you should have Custom Firmware Version 3.90M33-3 which is the highest Custom Firmware version out right now. Some people don't recommend 3.90M33-3 because the functions aren't that great and there are still bugs, so some people decide to stick with 3.80M33-5 and don't choose to upgrade, this is your choice.

8. Because you have a PSP Slim model, you can only acquire some specific emulators for the Slim.

On eBay there are some auctions for some 4GB Memory sticks for like $21, but you should watch out, because there are some Memory Stick Pro Duos that are fake. To find out if the product you're buying is Genuine, please check this guide:
How-to buy the Genuine Memory Stick

I read about your week in your last post... and you're right, that does sound like a horrible week =/ Well I hope you have some better days. I have bad weeks too, but not as bad as losing something that precious.

UnknownHero

Shinobi
sorry for the double post. i thought it didn't get through so i sent another one.
and really thanx for the info. i should be able to figure it out with this.
oh and i never was meaning to be able to play another kinds of games than psp on my...psp. so i don't think those are any use to me but thanx anyway

oh and also...you said "(This Memory Stick must be at least 256MB and no more than 2GB)" so does that mean it absolutely cant be higher than 2 gb otherwise it wont work?????

JonC04

Actually.. I'm not 100% sure... It was either 2GB or 4GB, I just said 2GB because if you did go to 4GB, and it didn't work I don't want to be the cause of that.

vandamage

On eBay there are some auctions for some 4GB Memory sticks for like $21, but you should watch out, because there are some Memory Stick Pro Duos that are fake. To find out if the product you're buying is Genuine, please check this guide:
How-to buy the Genuine Memory Stick

I would never buy a memory stick from ebay, ever! 99% chance you will get a fake, period. I would suggest newegg or tigerdirect, best price you will probably find and you will get a genuine stick for sure.

If you really want to get a good memory stick for playing games then a high capacity memory stick should be the one place where your willing to pony up the moolah. This is the card I got recently and a very very good price:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820171343&Tpk=sandisk+ultra+ii+ms+pro+duo+8gb

Looks like they raised there price on this card, I got mine for 85$ :/

UnknownHero

Shinobi
theres one more thing

memory cards are uber expensive no matter how you look at it. however micro sd cards / or trandflash cards (there the same thing, dif name). they are way cheaper than normal mem cards and can be put into adaptor type things which can be used for the psp.
http://www.supermediastore.com/sandisk-8gb-microsd-transflash-memory-card.html
way cheaper than any 8 gb psp mem card ive ever seen.