• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

plz vote which version will be better

Halu

For PSP PHAT.

3.40OEA
3.71m33
3.80m33
3.90m33

For PSP Slim

3.71m33
3.80m33
3.90m33

please..

tomguyz

Tomd3DogGz
3.90 M33 d b3st:w00t:

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Seriously, go with the latest. D_A just keeps making it better. Any SERIOUS bugs get dealt with by simple updates (hence, 3.90 M33-3). If the current latest pops has a problem with a game you like, there's popsloader.

vp10120

I though there's dozen of this kind of posts..

Well I have 3.71 M33-4 and i was told to only use that version. I do not understand why until now..

Since the newer M33 than 3.71 still have glitches on reading cso/iso from memory stick, even optional fixes can cause other side effects.. Older than 3.71 firmwares are not compatible with all new games which basically sux. So yeah im really happy with 3.71 M33-4, PSX games works, latest games works, no glitches.. Just good. But i hope D_A release stable M33 for 4.0 CFW in future. Since there will be need of newer kernal than 3.71 im sure of it..

Chilly Willy

Contributor
There's no glitches - it's just slower. That makes certain games jerky in the in-game video on slower sticks that were just fast enough before. Actually, the "glitches" were in 3.71, and D_A patched the ones he ran into.

vp10120

Hmm but i think that still considered as a glitch :p

I'm surely not an expert on this but i heard 3.71 M33-4 doesn't have any kinds of problems. Even if patched on 3.80+ M33 there still a "side effect" (which i don't remember what it is atm).. My only guess is D_A didn't make a new dedicated fix for 3.80 and above, rather just use the older fix on new FW, which caused some incompatibility.

Hmm.. i don't even know if it possible to rewrite a whole new patch according with the new FW and would fix the problem.. =.=

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Well, if you don't mind a little work, there's a thing on D_A's site to put the 3.71 USB stick driver into 3.90. Sounds like you probably just want to wait for an update that deals with it so you don't have to. :)

Cloudy

I use 3.90 M33 and don't have any problems. There aren't any side effects to the 3.71 ms driver mod. There USED to be with the first revision (the video's/photo's etc wouldn't work) however they were quickly resolved. I think 3.90 M33-3 is the best as I have no problems, and the NID resolver makes it so some things that didn't work before will work now.

Cloudy

Acerthief

what do you mean by that, acer?

You know the fatms prx patch right?
It took me like hours to compile the correct one, eventually gave up at the same time when x3 came to rescue XD

But aside from that, I'm still on 3.71M33.
Though I'm thinking of upgrading to 3.90M33 soon cause I saw a nice GTA IV theme that's eating my heart away OMG