• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Firmware 3.95 Now Available, Features Customizable Controls For PSOne Titles

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
2397108114_cd61147da8_o.jpg

Update: PSP firmware 3.95 is now available on Network Update. We've added a direct link below in case you wish to download the update manually.

PlayStation Network head Eric Lempel has revealed that a new PSP firmware is coming and will be "available shortly." Firmware 3.95 will introduce two new features, the first of which is the ability to customize control settings in PSP PSOne settings. The second is a more PlayStation 3 centric feature, allowing PSP owners to turn off their PS3 console or leave it on when exiting from a Remote Play session.[blockquote2] * While playing PSone games on your PSP, you can now customize how the buttons are assigned by going to [Controller Settings] > [Assign Buttons] and select [Custom].
* You can now quit Remote Play and choose to turn off your PS3 or leave it on after quitting. This is useful if you are performing a download and want to quit Remote Play, but still want your download to continue on the PS3. Select [Quit and Turn Off the PS3 System] or [Quit Without Turning Off the PS3 System] from [Quit Remote Play] when you press the HOME button on the PSP system.
[/blockquote2]Frankly, after the last couple firmware updates, we've all been waiting for something more substantial to be released. This is it. Should tide us over until 4.00 finally hits.

Download PSP Firmware 3.95

bob616

"If you don't own PS3 than this is the lamest update yet."

at least sony is making updates for the psp.

PAinKiLLa

Depend how u look at it, the new remote features mean I can put something on download from work & have it done for when I get home (b4 if after a few mins of the psp being dced the ps3 turned itslf off). Also means when Im having a boring part of the day I can just play more of my ps3 titles, that in itself is good Im getting bored of just playing poker. There is one thing I would like to see, it would be nice if they made the go!cam work with the ps3 chat & some games like poker.

porchemasi

i dont understand why they cant stream PS2 games over to the PSP???

i mean its just streaming a certain stream of video ... video is video regardless of what is playing ...

too bad there is no M33 firmware for ps3 :p

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
Agreed ^
Since I got my PS3 I've only been able to stream a game (it was a boring kids game demo).

StateofMind

@B2K24

If you can't find a decent game on the PSP something is wrong with you.

Patapon, Chains of Olympus, Crisis Core, etc... in the past couple of months alone.

Richlando

I think some users just want the feature but won't really use it very much..and streaming a PS2 game would be very processor intensive.Try just streaming Catlevania SoTN..it still lags..(although streaming a PSOne game CD like MGS played without a hitch..huh? How long has SoTN been out and they still haven't improved on it? But in all seriousness,PS2 on the PSP would be a waste,let them concentrate on releasing some QUALITY PsOne titles first...
And I checked this firmware out and it's nice to be able to download to my PS3 away from home but I couldn't find any such CUSTOM controller settings feature and I tried loads of PSOne games,discs I own and PSN bought games..nada..
390M33-3-->395-->(Pandora DC-5)390M33-3..whew!!
Now to reflash Red Squirrel's plugin...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
seriously needs help

i have been doing research on the psp for it seems like so long
but my problem is that i seems as if it's impossible for me to get a custom firmware
i have a 3.90 and want to know if i still can get a custom firmware and
exactly how to do it. And oh yeah, the pandora's battery is not an option for me,
why, bcause i dont want to experiment woth that.

any assistance GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!