• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Id_storage help PLZ!!!

BlacK_AleX

Hello everyone,

I have a Universal unbricker v4 but one day my friend with his phat PSP asked me to unbrick it(TA-082). I forgot to back up his bricked NAND to get his id_storage keys from it. Anyways, I used my NAND (TA-79) to unbrick and the PSP is now working but due to the keys UMD and SysUpdate doesn't work.

I would have gotten rid of DCv4 so that i only have Pandora installed on the memory stick so that i could just install Max-Safe and back-up his Id_storage without using any other programs but i also downgrade slims from time to time so i need DCv4. I read about Cory's upNAND tool but it sounds too complicated. The only instructions i found on it was-

"Use the dump you created from your own bricked PSP and Cory's upNandTool to restore IDStorage only without overwriting the other nand contents. Now your PSP should be fully functional again."

Does anyone know any other progs which i can use just to back-up and restore Id_Storage. Eg-does Chilly Willy's keycleaner restore keys(i know that it dumps) or does Chilly Willy's Id Manager restore dumped id_storage key's.

Thank you

Acerthief

Well, only IDStorage Manager have key restore functions.

Just to make sure, you used your NAND to overwrite his?

BlacK_AleX

I forgot to add, are there any apps which can be used with conjunction with DCv4 to dump and restore id_storage of a bricked PSP

Acerthief

elf menu + IDStorage Manager elf. (PBP Unpacker is needed. You open the EBOOT.PBP of the IDSM, and extract the DATA.PSP out, and rename it to whatever.elf.)

Does your friend have his IDStorage Keys backup? If not, his PSP is doomed forever.

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
Lol... u never use the NAND dump like that...-.-. You should've just used the unbricker normally.

BlacK_AleX

elf menu + IDStorage Manager elf. (PBP Unpacker is needed. You open the EBOOT.PBP of the IDSM, and extract the DATA.PSP out, and rename it to whatever.elf.)

Does your friend have his IDStorage Keys backup? If not, his PSP is doomed forever.

I tried to load the elf file(s) but when i pressed on them i was faced with just a black screen with e MS icon blinking occasionally. I'm thinking o instaling again but will it be diferent now that I have installed time-machine

Chilly Willy

Contributor
You need the elf files for KC and IDSM to use with elfmenu. Remember that these only work on the Phat. The Slim uses encryption on the keys, so you can't access them the way KC and IDSM does from the pandora level.

BlacK_AleX

YAY WORKING

You need the elf files for KC and IDSM to use with elfmenu. Remember that these only work on the Phat. The Slim uses encryption on the keys, so you can't access them the way KC and IDSM does from the pandora level.

No worries. Got it working, jus had to read the readme. LOL, I forgot to add _SLIM to the elf file. NANDtool is working seamlessly thanx guys