• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Problems unbricking with slim

nyczyar

I bought the psp about a week ago. I made the magic stick and pandoraised the battery from the tut., so when i'm unbricking it, it showed my psp model (ta-??). I press X to unbrick it, after unbricking, i press X, and Psp shut down. Then, i took out pandora battery and put in a regular battery. When it loads, the XMB loads and I see the icons but it's frozen, I can't use any buttons except the volume, and when i press HOME, the screen turns blank. So, I turned it off, open the unbricking menu and restore orignal firmware 3.90. After that's done, the button works and its 3.90 firmware, but pressing home still results in blank screen and the keyboard closes everytime i tried to type something. Does anyone know how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

Darkchild

The Doctor
maybe the magic stick has corrupted files, you may need to remake the magic stick (though dark alex makes loads of checks for this, maybe your PSP's mobo is damaged o.o)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hold R while booting your PSP and try formatting flash1.

The option can be found in the Advanced menu of Recovery Mode. If that doesn't help it's possible that your NAND chip is corrupted.

nyczyar

i formated flash1, but the home screen still turns off screen, and keyboard closes everytime i open it, is there any way to recover the NAND chip?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i formated flash1, but the home screen still turns off screen, and keyboard closes everytime i open it, is there any way to recover the NAND chip?

You can try using NANDTool to repartition the lflash.

To use it you will need to install jas0nuk's ELF menu. A guide on installing it is available here:

http://lan.st/showthread.php?t=1603

BlacK_AleX

hey guy's, about two weeks ago, my mate came to me to get his 3.80 Slim downgraded(Note-PSP was 16hrs old) On the DC menu it said ??? when it's supposed to say TA-085. The downgrade went fine though and he's found no problems.

BlacK_AleX

I bought the psp about a week ago. I made the magic stick and pandoraised the battery from the tut., so when i'm unbricking it, it showed my psp model (ta-??). I press X to unbrick it, after unbricking, i press X, and Psp shut down. Then, i took out pandora battery and put in a regular battery. When it loads, the XMB loads and I see the icons but it's frozen, I can't use any buttons except the volume, and when i press HOME, the screen turns blank. So, I turned it off, open the unbricking menu and restore orignal firmware 3.90. After that's done, the button works and its 3.90 firmware, but pressing home still results in blank screen and the keyboard closes everytime i tried to type something. Does anyone know how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

Nyczyar,

If your PSP really is just a week old (and provided you bought it from a shop and have the receipt still with you) then install original 3.90 and go back to where you bought it from to get it exchanged coz there's a 1 year warranty on the unit. If they ask you about the problems, think up of smart replies.