• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Emulator Help

thesorrowmgs3

Custom Pro
First off, I finally got my Slim running 3.90 M33-3 and now I was needing help on how to run the snes emulator (SNES9xTYL).

I tried running SnesxTYL0.4.2 and SnesxTYL0.4.2me, but I get one corrupted file (Dont know if thats normal) and the other to start it. When I start it, it acts like its gonna work, but then I get error code 80020148.

What am I doing wrong?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
First off, I finally got my Slim running 3.90 M33-3 and now I was needing help on how to run the snes emulator (SNES9xTYL).

I tried running SnesxTYL0.4.2 and SnesxTYL0.4.2me, but I get one corrupted file (Dont know if thats normal) and the other to start it. When I start it, it acts like its gonna work, but then I get error code 80020148.

What am I doing wrong?

Are you sure the SNESTYL version you downloaded is compatible with the Slim?

This one is: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=4064

thesorrowmgs3

Custom Pro
Yep, That helped, thanks much.

paulagent

3.90 M33-3 help

Ok I just got my psp fat upgraded to 3.90 m33-3. I have loaded the nes(nester) emulator and it works fine, but I loaded the Snes Emulator and it doesn't work. The Snes Icon will show up under memory stick, when i click on it I get a black screen, but If I put the power button to the "hold" position I see the Snes screen. When I take the "hold" position off it lets me scroll down to the bottom of the page and it asks me to press X or O to continue. When I press X or O the screen doesn't do anything, but if I put the power button on the "hold" position I see the snes roms, saves..etc etc screen. When I try to move out of Hold position, I get a message " To delete file press O to cancel press X" after that my Psp freezes and I have to turn it off. Same thing with the SegaGenesis emulator. Any help would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ok I just got my psp fat upgraded to 3.90 m33-3. I have loaded the nes(nester) emulator and it works fine, but I loaded the Snes Emulator and it doesn't work. The Snes Icon will show up under memory stick, when i click on it I get a black screen, but If I put the power button to the "hold" position I see the Snes screen. When I take the "hold" position off it lets me scroll down to the bottom of the page and it asks me to press X or O to continue. When I press X or O the screen doesn't do anything, but if I put the power button on the "hold" position I see the snes roms, saves..etc etc screen. When I try to move out of Hold position, I get a message " To delete file press O to cancel press X" after that my Psp freezes and I have to turn it off. Same thing with the SegaGenesis emulator. Any help would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Are you using the SNES emulator I linked to in the above post?

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=4064

paulagent

I have the fat psp not the slim and no I didn't use your link. Does it matter if I have a fat 1 or slim 1 plus I also have downloaded and installed the 1.50 addon

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ok I deleted the old one that I had and installed the one you got on here and same exact thing happened?

Can you try backing-up then deleting your entire SNES folder on the memory stick? Then copy the files from the newly downloaded emulator.

I think a corrupt configuration file may be a fault here. If this doesn't help it's likely a issue with the memory stick, try backing up your data then format it via the option in System Settings.

paulagent

Ok Im kinda new to all this, so bear with me. I deleted my old Snes emulator off my memory stick and tried yours and it did the same thing. Now if I format my memory card. Will I lose everything thats on it? Does it effect what software your psp is? (Like if I format it would I lose my custom firmware) I guess what Im asking is, what does formatting your memory card do?

paulagent

Ok I have a spare Memory Card, I just switched it out and fromatted it. Put your version of Snes on it and same thing happened.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Formatting just deletes all data on the memory stick and will fix up any corrupt sectors the stick has. Hmm.. well your problem is very odd.

Hold R while booting up your PSP to enter Recovery Mode and from there go to Advanced -> Format flash1 and reset settings.

This will clear any pre-3.90 M33 settings that may be left on the PSP, and will reset all settings to default. Once its finished, try booting the SNES emulator normally without turning the hold switch on or anything.

paulagent

Ok, just did what you told me and Now my screen is on the "select a language" But none of my buttons work. All I can do is increase or decrease the volume.

paulagent

This is very Bizzare, I went into the recovery mode once again and went to Config. changed everything in there (currently everything is enabled except: Use VshMen & Use M33 network update) Game folder homebrew is currently 1.50 Kernel and UMD Mode is currently M33 driver -NO UMD- fake region is America and XMB USB device is memory stick!

paulagent

Sorry didnt get to finish, but I did all those changes stated above and now I can move around on my psp, but Snes still doesn't work, same thing as before! I loaded the Nester J and it works fine.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sorry didnt get to finish, but I did all those changes stated above and now I can move around on my psp, but Snes still doesn't work, same thing as before! I loaded the Nester J and it works fine.

Try changing the Game folder homebrew setting to 3.90 Kernel.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Somebody please help!

I'm out of ideas, at least on the firmware side. Are you sure nothing is wrong with your memory sticks? There's a lot of fake ones going around on eBay. If you bought them new from a retailer they should be okay though.

paulagent

Yea I bought both from Best Buy! Maybe you can help me on something else tho. I got my psp modified from a person who does it for money, but Im thinking that maybe something wasnt right with his psp or something, thats why my psp will not read snes games. Anyways I was gonna try to make a Pandora battery, because I have another psp but it doesn't have CF on it. Now if I use this PSP that won't load snes emulator to make Pandora battery will it do the same for other Psps that I mod(not be able to play snes games)?
Thanks soo much for your help!