• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Popsloader issues

ViCaelestis

Hey I'm trying to use the 3.80 M33 Popsloader v2 on my slim but when I boot the game, the first time it will come to the list of versions - when I hit x on the version I want to boot in it just hangs. The psp still recieves input cause the screen auto-dims and lights up again when I press buttons but the plugin dosen't do anything else.

When re-loaded and tried again the psp will just go to black and hang not loading the game. If I delete and reinstall the plugin it will show the menu but hang again when I select.

I'm using 3.90 M33 but the site says the 3.80 version of Popsloaderv2 is compatible, I tried Popsloader v1 with the same issues.

If anyone can advise I would be very greatful. Thanks.

Vi~

ViCaelestis

Having seen the other threads I've added the appropriate files to my directory but it seems it's still not working.

My seplugins directory looks like this at the moment:

pops.txt
popsloader.prx
popsloader/idcanger_old.prx
popsloader/libpspvmc371.prx
popsloader/pafmini371.prx
popsloader/pops371.prx
popsloader/popsman371.prx

which should be correct right?

Richlando

Try putting the line mso://seplugins/popsloader.prx at the top of the pops.txt file.Make sure you have a folder called popsloader containg these files in the seplugins folder.

popsloader/idcanger_old.prx
popsloader/libpspvmc371.prx
popsloader/pafmini371.prx
popsloader/pops371.prx
popsloader/popsman371.prx

You only need the popsloader.prx and the pops.txt in the seplugins folder..along with the popsloader folder and the other files in that folder.And the game may not be compatable with 371 pops.What's the game?

ViCaelestis

It's an official sony 4gb duo.

I checked the directory and it's exactly like you said (except I have a file called config.bin in addition to the other stuff in the popsloader folder).

I'm trying to play Final Fantasy 7 disc 1

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
Check if your memory stick is not fake. Press /\ and check in the info if it supports magicgate

Richlando

Check the file isocache.bin in your ms0:pSP/System folder with notepad or PSPFiler and see if Slus94163 is in there.Try deleting the config.bin inside the popsloader folder.I say this because I had to do some of this for getting Xenogears to work..and if it hangs then your pops.prx files are corrupt,or at least one of them is.And try the game in 340pops,although it does work in 371pops.If you're using Cwcheat make sure popsloader.prx is at the top of the list in your pops.txt file.

ViCaelestis

Okay well I had a look, couldn't find Slus94163 in there and I deleted the config.bin file which didn't seem to effect it in the slightest. My plugins don't appear to be the issue...

I tried playing metal gear solid which also didn't display the Popsloader and even failed to play, it shows the PS logo then goes black and stays that way - the home menu is still usable so I just exit. It looks like it could be a problem with the actual emulator, rather than the popsloader but the fact the popsloader isn't showing up anyway is also of concern. I've re-flashed it and it made no difference.

If it's the emulator it's self I don't really have any idea how to fix it, esspecialy if even re-flashing won't work.

It's all on a slim, does that make any difference?

ViCaelestis

Woo! I finally managed to get it working. I downloaded another version that had another plugin with it, I used it and now the menu comes up, and FF runs perfectly :D. Thanks for what advice you could offer guys! Very apreciated.