• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How To: Install Popsloader on 3.80 M33, 3.90 M33

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
...ummm you can disregard my last question...but now i must know...does this wok on 3.90 m33-3?...i can't get that pops loader menu to come up when i launch the game..

It definitely works. If the menu doesn't show it could be due to a slow / fake memory stick. You can try formatting the memory stick then place the popsloader files on first and see if that helps. Also try installing the FATMS patch available here:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=5687

Hey ,
i followed your instructions exactally and everything works fine ........
apart from just after when you select the popsloader version [3.71 for me] the will not load and comes up with "game could not be started
error code (80000004)"

Is there anyway to fix this??
Please help if anyone knows to to fix this.
Thanks.

Sounds like a problem with the game you are trying to run - corrupt ISO possibly.

Khann

Just like to say here that I had a lot of issues trying to get this to work, but finally got it to work..

I have an 8GB official Sony memory stick, and read a post in this thread saying that they don't work with popsloader for whatever reason. I had done everything as instructed, but I never got the Popsloader menu coming up. In the end, I applied the fatmspatch (http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=5687), deleted cxmb and irshell from my memory stick, and re-copied the popsloader files over (3.71 for FF7). And it worked!

o2byzst

Khann, what cfw are you using and have you copied the CXMB software back over since? Also what POPS do you have installed, by that I mean, what files (ie, 3.10, 3.40, 3.71, etc)?

phantoma

I tried everything within this thread, even installed the memory stick patch, but nothing works. I have the same pop save glitch where it replaces your gamesave with a castlevania save. I'm using 3.90-3 M33 firmware, I was wondering if you may offer any kind of help.

Is there a pops mod that takes you through a menu automatically instead of pressing "R". I been trying to play resident evil for 2 days straight and am really at my minds end.

It crashes at the Playstation screen. I've tried 3 different versions of Resident Evil and tried pops but could never access the menu. I swtiched memory cards to see if there was a problem with my memory card and the problem remains.

I doubt its the firmware cause I haven't encountered any other problem with it.

But the main thing that keeps in a panic is what you mentioned that the psx gamesave logo of castlevania was present in 3.80 but was fixed in 3.90 and the fact that I couldn't even access the pops menu.

Please and kind of help would get, I'm at my wits end.

o2byzst

I tried everything within this thread, even installed the memory stick patch, but nothing works. I have the same pop save glitch where it replaces your gamesave with a castlevania save. I'm using 3.90-3 M33 firmware, I was wondering if you may offer any kind of help.

Is there a pops mod that takes you through a menu automatically instead of pressing "R". I been trying to play resident evil for 2 days straight and am really at my minds end.

It crashes at the Playstation screen. I've tried 3 different versions of Resident Evil and tried pops but could never access the menu. I swtiched memory cards to see if there was a problem with my memory card and the problem remains.

I doubt its the firmware cause I haven't encountered any other problem with it.

But the main thing that keeps in a panic is what you mentioned that the psx gamesave logo of castlevania was present in 3.80 but was fixed in 3.90 and the fact that I couldn't even access the pops menu.

Please and kind of help would get, I'm at my wits end.

If you've followed everything in this thread and nothing's worked I would try reformatting a 2gb sony mem stick and installing POPS on it. Put nothing else on the memory stick plugin wise, like the CXMB program or the IR SHell program. I've got POPS working on both my 3.80 m33-5 (FAT) and my 3.90 m33-2 (Slim). I think the key is to have a fresh mem stick (official from Sony cause certain ones don't work) and nothing above 4 gb. The highest I've used is a 4gb but the first successful attempt was on a 2gb. Try that and see if that doesn't resolve the issue.

As for the Castlevania logo gamesave, I've got that and my POPS still works fine. I've played RE2, Musashi and FF 7 & 8 with almost no problems. Hope some of this helps you if not post back and we can try something else.

phantoma

I'm using a 4gig memory stick. I've reformatted my memory stick but nothing works. I've deleted 3.80 pops version 2 and installed 3.71 pops but it still doesn't work.

Pops does not load at all. I get no menu at all.

o2byzst

Okay, let's get the basic questions out of the way.
First off, what type of memory stick is it? Because it seems that POPS is pretty particular and doesn't like Lexar. I would suggest a Sony 2gb stick. Their pretty cheap (20?) and seem to work great for POPS.
Second, What exactly do you have on the memory stick? Is it just POPS or do you have something else on the stick besides the EBOOTS?
Third, When are you pressing R to activate the POPS menu? Your supposed to hold R as you select and hold it down till the menu pops up.

That should cover all the basics. For some reason POPS is really finicky on anything above 3.80. I'm sure you know this but you can use POPS loader for any past cfw above 3.72.

phantoma

I using a sandisk 4G memory stick, pretty much anything is on it games, psxpsp, music, pictures, emulators, apps.

I dont even get the menu when I play a game a psxpsp game for the first time.

scarfall

Hey, I'm having a little problem here. I have the 3.90 M33 firmware installed, and I have done everything the tutorial says to install the 3.71 POPS so I can continue playing Final Fantasy VII.

Ok, so I boot the game, press R untill a list of firmware pops appears, I scroll down to 3.71, I press X, then it freezes. What am I doing wrong?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey, I'm having a little problem here. I have the 3.90 M33 firmware installed, and I have done everything the tutorial says to install the 3.71 POPS so I can continue playing Final Fantasy VII.

Ok, so I boot the game, press R untill a list of firmware pops appears, I scroll down to 3.71, I press X, then it freezes. What am I doing wrong?

First, what brand memory stick do you have? Popsloader won't work if booted from a Lexar branded stick.

Secondly, are you sure that you dumped the files as decrypted when using PSARDumper?

Also, are the files named correctly? The following files should be located in your seplugins/popsloader folder: popsman371.prx, pops371.prx, pafmini371.prx, and libpspvmc371.prx.

If that doesn't help, I'd recommend backing up all data on your memory stick and format it. Then copy over popsloader first as well as the game you are trying to run - nothing else. Oddly enough, some people have reported issues with the plugin when other applications such as CXMB are on their memory stick.

scarfall

First, what brand memory stick do you have? Popsloader won't work if booted from a Lexar branded stick.

Secondly, are you sure that you dumped the files as decrypted when using PSARDumper?

Also, are the files named correctly? The following files should be located in your seplugins/popsloader folder: popsman371.prx, pops371.prx, pafmini371.prx, and libpspvmc371.prx.

If that doesn't help, I'd recommend backing up all data on your memory stick and format it. Then copy over popsloader first as well as the game you are trying to run - nothing else. Oddly enough, some people have reported issues with the plugin when other applications such as CXMB are on their memory stick.
I use a normal 1GB Sony Memory Stick.

Yes, I've dumped the files, pressing square on PSARDumper, serveral times.

The files are correctly named.

This thing hangs once I press X in the popsloader list.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I use a normal 1GB Sony Memory Stick.

Yes, I've dumped the files, pressing square on PSARDumper, serveral times.

The files are correctly named.

This thing hangs once I press X in the popsloader list.

Did you try my last suggestion? If that doesn't help then I'd try placing the files on a different memory stick if you have another one and see how that goes.

Apart from that I've gone through everything that could cause this problem... so if it still doesn't work I'm not sure what's up.

BTW: Does it show the PSOne boot screen before freezing? Just wondering because if it does that means your popsloader configuration is fine - but it's a problem with the game itself.

yasagani

What exactly is the purpose of Popsloader? Back when my old PSP was 3.40 OE my PSO games worked just fine when I copied them as ISOs onto the memory stick? Why is this necessary?

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
What exactly is the purpose of Popsloader? Back when my old PSP was 3.40 OE my PSO games worked just fine when I copied them as ISOs onto the memory stick? Why is this necessary?

You must have gotten lucky, then. There are quite a few games that only work on certain versions of Pops, or that can't run on certain versions.

reandaya

please help im getting the 80010002 game could not be started error
im having this issue with psx game(eboot) only.
im running 3.90 m33-3 updated kernel 1.5 v2

i followed the all step provided here however im confused with the steps below.

4. Download the firmware update that corresponds to the version of POPS that you would like to install. Compatible firmware updates range from 3.00 to 3.72. Additionally, download links to all firmware update EBOOTs are available here.

what i did: i downloaded the 3.72.pbp

5. Copy the downloaded firmware update, named as EBOOT.PBP, over to the root of your memory stick. (X:\EBOOT.PBP, if X is the drive letter of your PSP).

what i did: renamed the doanloaded file to EBOOT.PBP and placed it on X:\
9. Look for an F0 folder on the memory stick. Inside, copy the following files to the seplugins/popsloader folder, depending on the firmware update used:

3.00 - 3.03: kd/popsman.prx, kd/meaudio.prx, kd/pops.prx, vsh/module/pafmini.prx
3.10 - 3.30: kd/popsman.prx, kd/pops.prx, vsh/module/pafmini.prx
3.40 - 3.72: kd/popsman.prx, kd/pops.prx, vsh/module/pafmini.prx, vsh/module/libpspvmc.prx

Once you've copied the files, make sure to add a version prefix at the end of the filename. i.e. if you used firmware 3.40, then rename popsman.prx to popsman340.prx, pops.prx to pops340.prx, and so on.

what i did: i copied the following files, placed them on the seplugins folder and attached 372 at the end of the file name like popsman.prx to popsman372.prx and so on.
3.72:
kd/popsman.prx,
kd/pops.prx,
vsh/module/pafmini.prx,
vsh/module/libpspvmc.prx

please advice and thanks in advance

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
please help im getting the 80010002 game could not be started error
im having this issue with psx game(eboot) only.
im running 3.90 m33-3 updated kernel 1.5 v2

i followed the all step provided here however im confused with the steps below.

4. Download the firmware update that corresponds to the version of POPS that you would like to install. Compatible firmware updates range from 3.00 to 3.72. Additionally, download links to all firmware update EBOOTs are available here.

what i did: i downloaded the 3.72.pbp

5. Copy the downloaded firmware update, named as EBOOT.PBP, over to the root of your memory stick. (X:\EBOOT.PBP, if X is the drive letter of your PSP).

what i did: renamed the doanloaded file to EBOOT.PBP and placed it on X:\
9. Look for an F0 folder on the memory stick. Inside, copy the following files to the seplugins/popsloader folder, depending on the firmware update used:

3.00 - 3.03: kd/popsman.prx, kd/meaudio.prx, kd/pops.prx, vsh/module/pafmini.prx
3.10 - 3.30: kd/popsman.prx, kd/pops.prx, vsh/module/pafmini.prx
3.40 - 3.72: kd/popsman.prx, kd/pops.prx, vsh/module/pafmini.prx, vsh/module/libpspvmc.prx

Once you've copied the files, make sure to add a version prefix at the end of the filename. i.e. if you used firmware 3.40, then rename popsman.prx to popsman340.prx, pops.prx to pops340.prx, and so on.

what i did: i copied the following files, placed them on the seplugins folder and attached 372 at the end of the file name like popsman.prx to popsman372.prx and so on.
3.72:
kd/popsman.prx,
kd/pops.prx,
vsh/module/pafmini.prx,
vsh/module/libpspvmc.prx

please advice and thanks in advance

Well the 80010002 error has nothing to do with popsloader. Are you sure you aren't running the PSOne games from the 1.5 kernel? Try making a GAME380 folder and place your PSOne games in there.