• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSX games unable to run

kerubin

i currently using a slim fw M33-3. And was trying to play PSX game called Captain Tsubasa J
which i downloaded . Thing is when i run the game, it start up normally but right after the PS1
start up screen and the BAIDAN screen, the game hanged in a black screen.

Tried changing kernel to 1.5 and 3.90. Still din't work.

Can anybody help me? Thanks in Advance

kerubin

opps i'm sorry for not including my fw version. it's actually 3.90M33-3. use pops? is pops installed along with the fw? if no, wads the best pops version, or rather most compatible to my fw?
thank for ur help.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
You say you downloaded this... well, that's a no-no right there, but I will say this in general - many games hang if you don't have the CDDA tracks (DOOM, RR, TR, etc). Most rips on the net don't include the CDDA as that takes too much space. Hence, many downloaded rips won't work with popstation. You need to be dumping your own discs, not just because of the law, but so that you can get those darn CDDA tracks!

kerubin

You say you downloaded this... well, that's a no-no right there, but I will say this in general - many games hang if you don't have the CDDA tracks (DOOM, RR, TR, etc). Most rips on the net don't include the CDDA as that takes too much space. Hence, many downloaded rips won't work with popstation. You need to be dumping your own discs, not just because of the law, but so that you can get those darn CDDA tracks!

Thanks. I would like to get my own disc since it is cheap, and i have played the game before so its really worth getting. But PS1 games are pretty rare for me right now. Anyway Thanks for your help.

Richlando

Popsloader is a .prx utlity used to emulate the Psone in previous firmware versions of the emulator.The most current version of popsloader is here at this site..search..ya never know what you may find.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Popsloader is a .prx utlity used to emulate the Psone in previous firmware versions of the emulator.The most current version of popsloader is here at this site..search..ya never know what you may find.

Not quite. Popsloader lets you load the popstation libraries from other versions of the firmware than the one you have. It does no emulating itself. So if you have 3.90 M33-3 and need to use the pops libs from 3.03 OE for a particular game, popsloader will let you load the pops libs from 3.03 OE.