• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 3.95 GEN

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psplogo4.jpg

French-based homebrew developer Miriam has released custom firmware 3.95 GEN for the PSP, touting full support for 3.X kernel based homebrew applications, as well as an integrated in-XMB recovery menu. For the complete changelog, look below.[blockquote2]General

* Kernel updated to 3.95 (new nids, patches, etc).

Recovery

* Option added in recovery to choose between VSHMenu and in-XMB recovery.
* Option added in recovery to choose from Sony, GEN and M33 Network Update modes.

XMB

* Access VSHMenu / recovery menu via XMB with the SELECT button.[/blockquote2]Note that the 1.5 kernel add-on from previous M33 releases is not compatible with 3.95 GEN and at least 3.71 M33 firmware must be installed beforehand.

Additionally, numerous reports suggest that the built-in PSone emulator does not function properly, though an updated popsloader is included to allow prior versions of the emulator to run. That being said, we'd recommend that all users create a basic Pandora setup so that you can easily downgrade back to 3.90 M33 in case the firmware is not running as expected.

Full installation instructions are available in the included readme file and a download link for the firmware 3.95 EBOOT can be found below.

Download Custom Firmware 3.95 GEN / Firmware 3.95 EBOOT

Thanks Fadil for the tip!

Le Custom Firmware 3.95 GEN est disponible ! [PSPGen]

PAinKiLLa

<p>I've just downloaded it going to test it now Ill write back in the next day or so to keep you informed.</p>

PAinKiLLa

<p>well that didn't take long I tried to disable the vsh menu & it bricked my psp. as x3sphere said stay clear of this unless u have a Pandora.</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
gasyx91: No need to double post. As the article states, you need to be running at least 3.71 M33 firmware to install it.

You can't install it from official 3.95 firmware.

Richlando

<p>I actually am using this and it's quite good with the exception that I can seem to load any of my roms for SNESYTLME..the emu loads just fine but it freezes up when trying to load a game.Gpsp works fully and POPs works ok but I can't get the plugin to load up,by that I mean after holding R it just goes into the emu based on the config.bin I had before from the previous build of the plugin.I can't get it to change or even show the screen for the different prx...Oddly enough though,the beta of DaedelusR14 is faster and it even went further in Zelda OoT..and the music in Super SMash Bros is fantastic even though it won't go further than the title screen.Mario 64 is still broken as hell.I only mention this because it does seem to be faster in 395CFW than 390CFW for some reason..on 390CFW it crashed alot trying to go back to the main menu but doesn't seem to as much in 395CFW.Why would that be? PSPFiler5.1+ is faster as well.One thing though,could I still use the popsloader from this or do I need to use the previous build from M33? I'm gonna try answering this myself and say I have to revert..be nice if I could use it,so log as it ever loads the selection screen..
At any rate I'm gonna go back to 390M33-3,I just wanted to take this for a test drive.I do hope some of the features make there way into the next M33 release..the xmb recovery is very nice indeed..</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
<p>I actually am using this and it's quite good with the exception that I can seem to load any of my roms for SNESYTLME..the emu loads just fine but it freezes up when trying to load a game.Gpsp works fully and POPs works ok but I can't get the plugin to load up,by that I mean after holding R it just goes into the emu based on the config.bin I had before from the previous build of the plugin.I can't get it to change or even show the screen for the different prx...Oddly enough though,the beta of DaedelusR14 is faster and it even went further in Zelda OoT..and the music in Super SMash Bros is fantastic even though it won't go further than the title screen.Mario 64 is still broken as hell.I only mention this because it does seem to be faster in 395CFW than 390CFW for some reason..on 390CFW it crashed alot trying to go back to the main menu but doesn't seem to as much in 395CFW.Why would that be? PSPFiler5.1+ is faster as well.One thing though,could I still use the popsloader from this or do I need to use the previous build from M33? I'm gonna try answering this myself and say I have to revert..be nice if I could use it,so log as it ever loads the selection screen..
At any rate I'm gonna go back to 390M33-3,I just wanted to take this for a test drive.I do hope some of the features make there way into the next M33 release..the xmb recovery is very nice indeed..</p>

Not sure why some applications would run faster, perhaps due to improvements Sony made with the 3.95 kernel? But yeah, if you go back to 3.90 M33, you'll have to use the previous version of popsloader.

Richlando

Not stable if you ask me.It shuts down when you try to format the flash1..and does nothing.Popsloader doesn't load the selection screen.SnesTYL ME won't load roms.It's a good start but needs work.I went back to 3990M33-3 and hope for 4xx..

nik

<p>so ive got a fat psp with official 3.95 im wunderin wot firmware i need to play downloaded games . would really appreciate the help cheers
P.S CANADA RULES</p>

MenaceInc

Staff Member
so ive got a fat psp with official 3.95 im wunderin wot firmware i need to play downloaded games . would really appreciate the help cheers
P.S CANADA RULES

3. No distributing of any copyrighted content is allowed on this server without the copyrights' owners' approval. Requesting, posting links to or asking for help with illegally downloaded game images, commonly referred to as ISOs or ROMs, is forbidden.

Please read the forums rules.
We cannot help with requests in regards to downloaded games aka ISOs or ROMs
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=5586