• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Problem with Sony MS Pro Duo 4GB

voidzero1

Darkness
Hi all,

I'm using a Original Sony MS Pro Duo 4GB. It's giving me hell. I'm using CFW3.90M33-3. I don't seem to see certain CSO and ISO files, plus my save games get corrupted regardless how many times I save/delete/overwrite etc.

My other PSP, which is on 3.71CFW, also doesn't like this card.

I've tried the phats mod and 1.50HB patches as well. Still gives me hell. Regardless of how many settings I change in recovery as well, still doesn't work properly.

I am currently using an Original Sony MS Pro Duo 1GB. Works beautifully.

Can anyone give me some advice? Could this card be corrupted? Anyway of repairing it? Or is my PSP Phat at fault here? Xphere, hope you can help too! ;)

Thanks all in advance.

Acerthief

Backup everything and format the card.
Now try again.
If it still doesn't work, then you mostly like have a faulty memory stick.

dennis96411

Umm... Enable Hide corrupt icons, and make sure you put your iso/cso files in ms0:/ISO, which means the ISO folder is suppose to be in the first page when you open up your PSP with your computer. See if that helps. Oh and check if MagicGate is supported, go to (DON'T go IN) Memory Stick in any section in XMB, press triangle, and go into Information. Now see if it says MagicGate(tm) Supported

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
Oh when you save the files (game saves) on 3.90 M33 they wont work on 3.71 M33.

B2K24

I have also heard of save files are PSP specific for certain games which means if you have multiple PSP's in the house you can't load saves unless it's the PSP that created them.

If you have a card reader/writer or hook up PSP to PC try this.
It just runs a chkdsk on the memory stick it may be useful.

voidzero1

Darkness
Thanks guys for the quick reply! Appreciate it greatly!

I have tried the "Hide Corrupt Icons". Didn't work. :cursing: I've tried formatting from PC, and even the MSformat etc. Still didn't work. I'll give the MagicGate compatibility thingy a go. As for the save games on 3.90 to 3.71... didn't know that! That's good info to know! :thumbup1:

Acerthief, I also suspect that I may have a faulty card. :crying:

Acerthief

Thanks guys for the quick reply! Appreciate it greatly!

I have tried the "Hide Corrupt Icons". Didn't work. :cursing: I've tried formatting from PC, and even the MSformat etc. Still didn't work. I'll give the MagicGate compatibility thingy a go. As for the save games on 3.90 to 3.71... didn't know that! That's good info to know! :thumbup1:

Acerthief, I also suspect that I may have a faulty card. :crying:

Try this:
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=1035