• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Definition of a brick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
Hello.
I know that a brick is when you have the power light on but the PSP doesn't do anything.BUT A guy is teling me that when you have nothing at all (no power light) is also a brick. Is that correct?

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
Technically a brick is when you cannot turn on the PSP because of a firmware issue (and NOT a hardware issue!).
If the lights won't turn on because you pissed on them, and then put them in the microwave - then NO, it's not a brick.

rabbit

Awesome
A brick is ANY console that is useless, regardless of WHY. Basically, if it doesn't work but it's impossible to tell why just by looking at it, it's a brick.

[edit]
Don't listen to CoMbiNa, he's an idiot.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
He's not an idiot, he just sometimes posts questions that make you wonder. :D It's a matter of him just starting out, so he's learning, but his comments sometimes take the common conception since he is in the process of learning.

Generally, most people call a brick a software issue on the PSP, but it really is ANY problem, not just software. So it's just a difference between the common conception and the more accurate description.

B2K24

IMO a brick is when you can't successfully boot into the XMB or O/S
however you can have a software or hardware brick depending.

If your PC can't boot into it's O/S I would call that a brick
you either have to resort to recovery software A.K.A boot tools or disc
or simply reformat and reinstall the O/S

I have known a few people that quickly wanna trash the PC's because all of a sudden it fails to POST. I would also call that a brick.
You either find the problem hardware wise, reset CMOS, reflash BIOS through USB flash drive if mobo supports the option, anything to get it going again.
You either succeed or you don't. It's as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.