• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Having Issues Running Emulators and Sorts.

ae86drftr

Hello everyone. First i need to clarify what firmware my little brother has. He has a PHAT PSP with 3.90 m33-3. I used the pandoras battery to install the custom firmware from Official Sony 3.52. Now the question I have is, after I installed the firmware I installed a few Emulators and everything worked great. Now, a few weeks later, none of the emulators work. The PSP justs brings up the error code 8002014c. Now i have already reset the flash and still no fix. the user settings are as follows:

Configuration
Skip sony logo-disabled
Hide corrupt icons-disabled
Game folder homebrew-3.90kernel
Autorun program at /psp/game/boot/eboot.pbp-disabled
UMD mode-normal umd required
Fake region-disabled
Free umd region-disabled
Hard reset on homebrew-disabled
Use Vshmenu-enabled
XMB usb device-memory stick
Use M33 network update-enabled
Hide PIC0.png and PIC1.PNG in game menu-disabled

If you guys got any suggestions please offer them up. Thanls for at least reading.

Richlando

I don't see anything wrong with those settings.It shouldn't matter though in regards to emulators,other than the kernel each emu requires to run.I would enable a few things for some speed though.
Enable:
Skip sony logo-disabled
Hide corrupt icons-disabled
Hard reset on homebrew-disabled
Hide PIC0.png and PIC1.PNG in game menu-disabled
And change the driver to the M33 or Sony one.Why use UMD required anyway?

While I can't see any good reson why the emulators have stopped working the changes I mentioned are strictly for sppeding up the games or the XMB..what's the default speeds for the XMB and the Game/UMD modes? Try changing those to 333..other than this I can only suggest maybe using Pandora and re-installing 390M33-3 again.

ae86drftr

THE SPEEDS?

I havent messed with any of these yet. I have read on either this site or on another, cant recall, but it had said something about possible crashes from speeding up the speed. Is this true or is it safe to speed it up a bit? and where would i go to do change the settings for the speeds?

Richlando

The speed setting is in the Recovery menu.Default CPU speeds..It's safe to overclock the PSP..and I know for a fact that SNESTYL ME that chilly modded is coded for at least 222 or 226Mhz..

ae86drftr

Ok ill try to that. Then ill try to reinstall the firmware hopefully that works!!! unless someone else has some opinions i wont be reinstaliing for another few hours. thank you rjc4life.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
The speed setting is in the Recovery menu.Default CPU speeds..It's safe to overclock the PSP..and I know for a fact that SNESTYL ME that chilly modded is coded for at least 222 or 226Mhz..

Hardcoded to 333 MHz. 222 is the normal speed the PSP runs at.

@ae86drftr - since his PSP is a Phat, did you install the 1.50 Addon? Is that still working? Did you try reinstalling the 1.50 Addon v2?

ae86drftr

Reinstall 1.50 kernel add-on

How would i go about reinstalling the 1.50 kernel? i have been researching and it looks like that might be my problem. Can you post a link to reinstall the kernel? also are you the guy rcj4life was talking about that made a different coded snes emulator? could you post a link to that too? Thank you very much for posting your opinions and comments it is much appreciated!!!

Chilly Willy

Contributor
How would i go about reinstalling the 1.50 kernel? i have been researching and it looks like that might be my problem. Can you post a link to reinstall the kernel? also are you the guy rcj4life was talking about that made a different coded snes emulator? could you post a link to that too? Thank you very much for posting your opinions and comments it is much appreciated!!!

Not the firmware, the ADD-ON from D_A's web site. Look in the FAQs and Guides forum.

Basically, it's just a add-on (hence the name) for 3.xx M33 that allows Phat PSPs to run homebrew targeted at 1.50/1.50-based cfw.

You install the 3.xx M33 custom firmware first, then add in the add-on to allow your Phat to run 1.50-based homebrew.

ae86drftr

worked for a while...

What i dont understand is that the homebrew and emulators originally worked for a while when i first initially installed them. but they dont work now. i guess ill reinstall the firmware. Do I need to use a pandora battery to downgrade it back to sony 1.50? I believe i tried to run the program at /psp/game/boot/eboot.pbp and that didnt work. I even tried to enable the same file in the recovery menu then tried running the program and nothing. Is this the program that is supposed to recover my psp to 1.50? or am I skating on thin ice? any help would be much appreciated.

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
There still no way to go back to 1.50 in 3.80 /3.90 M33, you have to use pandora for that one.

ae86drftr

?????

I do not understand this. Where do I go to get this 3.xx based snes emulator?

ae86drftr

thanks...couple questions

Thank you very much for that. I just asked my little brother and it turns out that he already has the snes emulator that works on his psp. I appreciate your help either way chilly. I think I am going to use pandoras battery either way to bring his down to 1.50 and start all over. do you know what the run program at/psp...... is used for? And one more thing, when i use the pandoras battery will it self explanatory to downgrade to 1.50 like it was for upgrading? will I be downgrading as if the psp were "bricked?" Thank you for all your help Chilly

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Uh - modern DC for D_A installs 3.90 M33. You'd have to find an older version (like maybe the first one) to go to 1.5. Personally, I'd just do a fresh install with DCv5 to 3.90 M33 and then stick to 3.xx based software, but that's just me. :smile:

If you do use the first DC to go to 1.5, then installing custom firmware is a matter of getting the older custom firmware installers and the firmware updates. For example, if you then use the 3.52 M33 installer, you'd need the 3.52 firmware update to go along with the 1.5. Installing all the old stuff is in the stickies... there are guides on doing that everywhere. I'd suggest reading a few of those guides and threads BEFORE doing anything. Have a firm grasp on what you plan to do BEFORE you attempt it. You'll have less trouble and be more confident about what you're doing if you do so.

ae86drftr

familiar...alittle

Well it has been a while since I first downgraded and updated MY PSP, but my little brothers psp has the ta-082 board so we just ended up using pandoras battery. I do not exactly remember how to do it but that was the third time i had "custom firmwared" a psp. i appreciate everything you have told me and have suggested to me. dcv5 is that a variation of pandoras battery or is it an entirely different program? I am downloading it right now and i will do my research prior to installing or deleting anything. thank you. I do not post on here all too often but is there a way that i can im you chilly willy so that i dont have to post a new reply? also for faster communication? I am a registered member of a couple specific car websites and paintball websites and I know these sites have a separate way of privately messaging other members. is that possible on this site? Either way thank you for all your help.

B2K24

Well it has been a while since I first downgraded and updated MY PSP, but my little brothers psp has the ta-082 board so we just ended up using pandoras battery. I do not exactly remember how to do it but that was the third time i had "custom firmwared" a psp. i appreciate everything you have told me and have suggested to me. dcv5 is that a variation of pandoras battery or is it an entirely different program? I am downloading it right now and i will do my research prior to installing or deleting anything. thank you. I do not post on here all too often but is there a way that i can im you chilly willy so that i dont have to post a new reply? also for faster communication? I am a registered member of a couple specific car websites and paintball websites and I know these sites have a separate way of privately messaging other members. is that possible on this site? Either way thank you for all your help.

Chilly is a developer and is very busy as he's known to always have numerous projects going on. Your best bet is to keep posting in this thread so many people can give you advice/help rather than using PM system.

Des.Cem V5 is not a variation of pandoras battery but requires pandora battery for the installation of 3.90 M33 if using universal pandora ms AKA "magic memory stick" or if you already using CFW just read the readme after your download of the des.cem V5.

Make a NAND backup before installing Des.Cem per options on the screen
and keep the backup somewhere safe.

Read these guides as well
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=5482

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

just post here if you run into any troubles and someone will advise you.

ae86drftr

thank you

I will post here if there are any problems I just now started to mess with the pming thing I was just interested in there was a similar messaging system. thank you very much B

Richlando

Sorry if this is off topic but is that a newer build of SNESTYL? Is it different than the one Chilly modded for the slim with ME support?