• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

XTangible

Exiled
Still Another Problem

Okay, so I downloaded Hellcat's Pandora Installer, and it worked at first. It went through the game screen (where when you start an update or game it has a small animation and then PSP) but after that, the screen goes black, the memory card LED starts flashing, and then it comes up with an error saying " The game could not be started. (80020148 )" Any ideas why? :mad1:

P.S.-I'm running official fw 4.01... I can't access recovery mode either because i am using ofw... If you can help me so it'll work I'll be "eternally grateful"

Ceemax

About....

I'm new to the m33 scene, and I have ofw 4.01. I can't softmod, but I don't want to hardmod, either. Where can I get these things called Datel Tools, and how do I use them?

Pranzer

I have same problem with xTangible . We can't run the Hellcat's Pandora Installer because we don't have homebrew 3.xx and we are using 4.01 OFW. If there any release of homebrew 4.xx please post the link in here. Also a guide for 4.01 OFW to 4.01 m33.

Thank you!!

pspknightx

Find some friend who is using CFW and try ask them to help you create pandora by using their PSP.

Ceemax

Ok...

Thanks, but the other problem is that none of my friends have cfw,but one has ofw 2.75 or around there, and I don't think he'll let me use it for THAT...

Ray

Hi am new at this i have a slim psp on OFW 3.95 and am trying to take it to CFW 3.90 M33, am using a phat psp with 3.90 M33 to create the magic memory and my question is on step 16 of creating the magic memory, how long does it last cause i was doing it and it had like 3 hours and still said, "this is gonna take a while time to go for a coffe" or something like that o_O, can anyone tell me how long does it takes? thx in advance

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi am new at this i have a slim psp on OFW 3.95 and am trying to take it to CFW 3.90 M33, am using a phat psp with 3.90 M33 to create the magic memory and my question is on step 16 of creating the magic memory, how long does it last cause i was doing it and it had like 3 hours and still said, "this is gonna take a while time to go for a coffe" or something like that o_O, can anyone tell me how long does it takes? thx in advance

The process should only take around 5 minutes, possibly up to 20 if it is a slower memory stick. I would backup all data, then format the stick on the PSP and see if that fixes it. Running ScanDisk on the stick through Windows is also an option, if you don't want to format it.

Pranzer

X3 sphere hey there.... I just pandorized my Battery and it shows only green liked and no screen what should I do now.

My firmware is 4.01 OFW....

And still noting happens

Please help

Ceemax

X3 sphere hey there.... I just pandorized my Battery and it shows only green liked and no screen what should I do now.

My firmware is 4.01 OFW....

And still noting happens

Please help

Wait a second...how do you have a pandorized battery on OFW 4.01? Was it already pandorized or did you pandorize it with 4.01?

na033681

Is it possible to use this guide using Pan3xx with a PSP 4.01 OFW or would I have to wait for a new version of Hellcat's Pandora Installer? I have a PSP MAX Power TOOL SLIM and a 2GB MS Duo.

Pranzer

I have pandorized my battery 1200mAh using Hellcat's on other PSP with version 3.71m33 but the with I put it on my psp it doesn't work. only green light

Ceemax

I was reading posts on the forums at maxconsole.net, and one user stated a theory that might work: it might be possible to update to cfw from ofw if it was your next update (ex. 4.01 to 4.09). I think it may be possible, too. My psp is ofw 4.01, and it detects the 4.01 m33 update as if it were a true update, with the only problem being cannot start game). If it works, it could be an alternative for pandora for 4.01 ofw users. Does anyone here think this is possible, too?

Acerthief

I was reading posts on the forums at maxconsole.net, and one user stated a theory that might work: it might be possible to update to cfw from ofw if it was your next update (ex. 4.01 to 4.09). I think it may be possible, too. My psp is ofw 4.01, and it detects the 4.01 m33 update as if it were a true update, with the only problem being cannot start game). If it works, it could be an alternative for pandora for 4.01 ofw users. Does anyone here think this is possible, too?

Impossible. The EBOOT couldn't start is because the system has detected the program as a non-authorized file, which mean that the EBOOT (in this case the update) excludes sign codes, making the EBOOT unable to execute.

It's not that simple.

Ceemax

Thanks for the help but still... Now, I'm not a psp hacker or anything, but is it possble to edit the EBOOT so the code can be authorized and read?

Pranzer

SO it means for those who have 4.01 OFW We have to wait a bit longer huhuhuhu "We are doom"........

Seye

Hello,
I just purchased a psp phat with system software version 3.80, I would like to know after following the procedures you posted what system software will it be? 3.90 M33-3? Am new pls dont mind my question thanks.

Acerthief

Thanks for the help but still... Now, I'm not a psp hacker or anything, but is it possble to edit the EBOOT so the code can be authorized and read?

Nah, it's hardware stuff.

Program works no problems on 4.0 software tested it today

Official firmware?

Hello,
I just purchased a psp phat with system software version 3.80, I would like to know after following the procedures you posted what system software will it be? 3.90 M33-3? Am new pls dont mind my question thanks.
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=6832

Ceemax

Time to Take a Risk

I hate to do this...Im going to hardmod my battery to a pandora. If lm successful, and it works, will I still need any of these things, and if there is anything missing, can you tell me? List: CFW psp, pandora installer, magic memory stick, homebrew enabled psp.