• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Firmware 2.4 Out Now

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
trophies002.jpg

The long-awaited and much-lauded PlayStation 3 firmware 2.4 is now officially available for download on Network Update. As most of you know by now, the update includes several highly requested features, including in-game XMB access, an XMB clock, and support for trophies and custom soundtracks.

So... what are you waiting for? Download it now. We've included a direct link to the firmware file below if you wish to install it manually.

Download PS3 Firmware 2.4

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah, developers need to patch their game in order for custom soundtracks to work.

KAV32

<p>Damn... Well at least it's a start. You can't hope for it to be completely functional at first.</p>

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
<p>Now we just got to wait a bit more :)
Does anyone know when is Warhawk patch 1.4 going to released?</p>

ekmuas

<p>awesome firmware, but what is the trophy system? Oh and is anyone having troubles trying to play music, it doesn't seem to work. And when hitting the ps button while in the game and popping up the XMBs it looks choppy. But i think they'll fix problems sooner or later.</p>

Richlando

<p>I don't see why in game music doesn't work for ANY game you want,do they need to borrow my copy of music.prx? What games support Trophies as of now? I have none...:(</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Seems Sony has pulled 2.4. I guess we can expect 2.41 soon xD

Richlando

<p>Let's hope so..although I've only had problems when I have media servers running,some demos turn off my controllers and I have to hard reset...other than that it's ok.</p>
<p>Have you tried the video bit? Play a video file(any) hit the PS button while it's playing click on another video and it plays instantly,even from a media server..that is speed.If frames do drop you can't see it...</p>