• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

help Can not update psp to cfw after following the right process

seuntech

i have ofw 3.93 on my psp i waited for the cfw to be released and now that it is out i tried to update and it is saying that the game could not be started (80020148)
i followed the required step renaming the ofw as 401.PBP and cfw as EBOOT.PBP and copy it to GAME folder
i have retried the process like 10 time and even redownload 4 times from diferent source
and have tryed another memorycard and even the original one that came with it is still saying the samething too

imapyro

make sure you have your psp set to the correct kernal and that the update is in the correct folder

imapyro

go to recovery mode (hold r trigger on boot up) and go to configuration and see what kernal you are at

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
because you can't use homebrew of OFW. You need to make Despertar del Cementerio v5

venturasflow

hey!!

need help in this i got a psp 1001 custom fw is 4.01
all i want its to install snes emu but it says game could not be started(80020148)
andalso try metalgear solid psone neither works
what can i do :( i dont want to use my psp as a freesbie

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hey!!

need help in this i got a psp 1001 custom fw is 4.01
all i want its to install snes emu but it says game could not be started(80020148)
andalso try metalgear solid psone neither works
what can i do :( i dont want to use my psp as a freesbie

Try this version of SNES9xTYL: http://exophase.com/files/psp/snes9xTYL-0.4.2me_fw3x.zip

You are probably using an older build, written for the 1.5 kernel. Anyway next time create your own thread, as this has nothing to do with the OP's post.

venturasflow

x3sphere thankx bro i download it and try it and the same all i can see its the image of background and i press the game and then come up the psp boot and it says game could not be started 80020148 i dont whats is up to this psp :"( fear nice one gheheheheh i will make a video in case ill put the psp on microwave

venturasflow

OK I DONT GOT A FOLDER NAMED GAME4XX, MINE JUST SAID GAMES
ANYWAY I CREATED ONE NAMED GAME4XX JUST IN CASE THATS WHAT U MEAN AND NOTHING.
I BEEN PUTTING THE SNES FOLDER IN THE GAME FOLDER AND WHEN I GO TO MY PSP I CAN SEE IT I SEE THE BACKGROUND ALSO A PIC OF THE JOYSTICK FOR SNES BUT WHEN I RUN IT IT GOES LIKE THIS

-PSP BOOTABLE(THE ONE THAT SAYS PLAYSTATION PORTABLE)
-THEN GOES DARK
-THEN the game could not be started (80020148)
I DONT KNOW WHAT IS IT BUT IF U THINK U CAN HELP U CAN ADD ME MY MSN IS TITONGUASO@HOTMAIL.COM
:(

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
OK I DONT GOT A FOLDER NAMED GAME4XX, MINE JUST SAID GAMES
ANYWAY I CREATED ONE NAMED GAME4XX JUST IN CASE THATS WHAT U MEAN AND NOTHING.
I BEEN PUTTING THE SNES FOLDER IN THE GAME FOLDER AND WHEN I GO TO MY PSP I CAN SEE IT I SEE THE BACKGROUND ALSO A PIC OF THE JOYSTICK FOR SNES BUT WHEN I RUN IT IT GOES LIKE THIS

-PSP BOOTABLE(THE ONE THAT SAYS PLAYSTATION PORTABLE)
-THEN GOES DARK
-THEN the game could not be started (80020148)
I DONT KNOW WHAT IS IT BUT IF U THINK U CAN HELP U CAN ADD ME MY MSN IS TITONGUASO@HOTMAIL.COM
:(

have you tried puting the snes folder inside GAME4XX? :p

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hmm... also, are you sure you're running CFW? What does it say for firmware under System Settings -> System Information?