• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

NDS Guitar Hero: On Tour Shatters DS Sales Records

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ghontour1.jpg

We didn't see this one coming! No sir. Publisher Activision today announced that sales of the recently released Guitar Hero: On Tour have exceeded 300,000 units in the first seven days since its debut on June 22, making it the company's largest DS software launch by "more than a factor of eight."

Further elaborating on the game's strong retail performance, Activision said that On Tour ranks as one of the top five best-selling software launches in the company's history. Of course, it was all thanks to that amazing <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzQIRTRHQ9w">pre-launch marketing clip</a>.

Guitar Hero(R): On Tour Sets Activision North American Retail Sales Record

Activision's Largest Nintendo DS(TM) Launch

SANTA MONICA, Calif. -- Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI - News) today announced Guitar Hero

Ranelar

<p>Actually, I think the purpose is to entertain a group of people at a small get together (or with good speakers the game can function as background music for large parties), and I think THAT'S where this game fails. It still looks like a lot of fun anyway. Having to yell rock out (or anything else in a loud voice) is hilarious. It's a good thing they made an alternative method of using the power-up, haha.</p>

Death_Pigeon

All Work and No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy
Sigh another money grubbing exercise succeeds sigh this is why publishers make substandard games because they sell........

`Rage`

<p>When I first saw this game... I thought it'd be so lame, espcially since it only has 4 buttons, instead of 5...</p>
<p>But when I actually went to play it, it was very much so addicting, and challenging, even for me, coming up from Guitar Hero 1, 2, 3, and Rock Band.</p>
<p>Honestly, with headphones, the sound isnt all that bad, and plugging the "Guitar Buttons" into the GBA slot, and having the grip made it quite comfortable.</p>
<p>I was very much so surprised..</p>