• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

GTA:LCS Multiplayer not being recognized

PYT

Ok, I have been looking for an answer to this question for days now, but I cannot seem to find it anywhere. The same question has been asked before but no one provided a working answer.

On my psp I have a backed up .iso copy of Grand Theft Auto: LCS and my cousin has a umd version of the same game. Whenever we try to play multiplayer with ad hoc, neither of our psp's recognize each other. It does not matter if I host the game or if he does, and the wifi connection light is constantly on on both.

We also both have a umd copy of Medal of Honor: Heroes, and the ad hoc multiplayer works fine on that, our psp's recognize each other immediately, and it doesn't matter who is hosting the match.

I am guessing the problem has something to do with the fact that mine is a .iso copy and his is a umd, is there a way to fix this issue?

Thanks a lot.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I believe this happens because the game loads quicker from ISO, resulting in sync issues. Your friend should try setting his PSP's CPU speed to 222MHz if it isn't already, and also change the ISO driver from March33 to Sony NP9660 or vice versa. All of this can be changed from within the PSP's main menu screen by pressing Select.

PYT

Ok thanks for the quick response. You said my friend should change his settings, however he has the umd and I have the iso, so I'm guessing you meant for me to change my settings, am i right?

Anyway I changed my cpu speed to 222 and tried both the Sony driver and the M33 one, but it is still not being recognized by either psp.

Also, I have custom firmware 4.01 M33-2 on my PSP with the .iso, and he has official firmware with the UMD.

Gwapingn8

I had this problem too.. and no one was able to answer my question..
BUT.... i did some experiments on my own..

It worked for me... it may work for you..

it quite simple really..

I simply specified the channel on AD-HOC option.
either it was channel 1, 6 or 11

basically make sure both psp are using the same specific channels.
if you want channel 3, then make sure all psp's are locked on channel 3.

if 6, then specify that on all psps..

don't use Automatic...

then try playing the multiplayer... see if this works..

mine has been working well now... there are still times,
when I have troubles.... try not using the channel 3... most home phones
use this frequency I assume... use 11 or 6

hope that works

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
I had this problem too.. and no one was able to answer my question..
BUT.... i did some experiments on my own..

It worked for me... it may work for you..

it quite simple really..

I simply specified the channel on AD-HOC option.
either it was channel 1, 6 or 11

basically make sure both psp are using the same specific channels.
if you want channel 3, then make sure all psp's are locked on channel 3.

if 6, then specify that on all psps..

don't use Automatic...

then try playing the multiplayer... see if this works..

mine has been working well now... there are still times,
when I have troubles.... try not using the channel 3... most home phones
use this frequency I assume... use 11 or 6

hope that works

Your phone uses ad-hoc?

PWNED

PYT

unfortunately that did not work either. we tried all the channels and none of them worked. do you think there could be another solution?

rabbit

Awesome
The wireless channels (1-11) aren't ONLY for ad-hoc connections, it is a specified range of frequencies that all wireless communications devices of certain types (Wi-Fi) are restricted to use (by law). For example: DS and PSP ad-hoc, wireless routers, wireless ethernet cards, and cordless phones (not cell phones) all are restricted to the "1-11 channel" setup. Other things, like Bluetooth devices, don't work in the same band, so you never have the problem of mixups.

Gwapingn8

The wireless channels (1-11) aren't ONLY for ad-hoc connections, it is a specified range of frequencies that all wireless communications devices of certain types (Wi-Fi) are restricted to use (by law). For example: DS and PSP ad-hoc, wireless routers, wireless ethernet cards, and cordless phones (not cell phones) all are restricted to the "1-11 channel" setup. Other things, like Bluetooth devices, don't work in the same band, so you never have the problem of mixups.

nicely put dude... learn from this guy combina.:biggrin:

Gwapingn8

sorry for the multiple post...

but yeah.. i did not realize that you were trying to play with slim and phat..
now that itself could be a problem... but on that field, i can't help you out.
sorry dude.

have you tried BOTH playing the back-ups instead of one using UMD like what 3xphere said.

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
1- Don't triple post.
2- Don't offend members.
3- Stop licking rabbit's boots (no offense) :p

PYT

no, i said we both have fats but he does not have enough space to play the iso. he just has the umd

Gwapingn8

1- Don't triple post.
2- Don't offend members.
3- Stop licking rabbit's boots (no offense) :p

i ain't trying to offend no one... It was me who was insulted with a phrase..
"using a ADHOC PHONE" ... hmmm never thought that existed...
anyways, been reading up on lots of forums... seem to noticed that
rabbit is on a rampage towards this dude, combina ( who I like to call DAX stalker, based on his numerous threads asking for information about DAX )
yes on that account about rabbit bashing combina... i now realized why... and i'm just simply taking his side... that's all... it's either your with OBAMA or HILARY.. right? anyways, nuff with the politics..

PYT:smile:

i just realized what you said now, if the specific channels, and Game Speed does not help... i dunno... did your copy of GTA came from his umd game? if not... try that and see if it'll let you play multiplayer