• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I hate to do this...Im going to hardmod my battery to a pandora. If lm successful, and it works, will I still need any of these things, and if there is anything missing, can you tell me? List: CFW psp, pandora installer, magic memory stick, homebrew enabled psp.

You'll still need the magic memory stick files. Since you don't have a CFW PSP, use the Total Newbie installer to get the files:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GVZI5NE4

LALA

Do we have to have 2 batteries or can we just convert the original battery back to normal and boot the psp without any errors. Please help.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Do we have to have 2 batteries or can we just convert the original battery back to normal and boot the psp without any errors. Please help.

It is actually not necessary to convert the battery back if you leave the magic memory stick files on, as the PSP will boot normal if UP button on the d-pad is not pressed.

But yeah you can convert the battery back to normal by running Hellcat's installer again and press R+O.

blablahoho

great guide.
I have a question:
I want to buy a psp lite.
My cousin has a pink psp with firmware ofw3.40 i think.
Now i want to convert it to m33 using the lumines trick(done it once an an old black psp)
then with his phat psp i want to convert his battery and stick and use it on the lite psp will that work? some say it does, others that it won't.
oh and does the size of the memory card still matter??
Thnx iin advance

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
great guide.
I have a question:
I want to buy a psp lite.
My cousin has a pink psp with firmware ofw3.40 i think.
Now i want to convert it to m33 using the lumines trick(done it once an an old black psp)
then with his phat psp i want to convert his battery and stick and use it on the lite psp will that work? some say it does, others that it won't.
oh and does the size of the memory card still matter??
Thnx iin advance

It will work. Any memory stick larger than 32MB in size will do.

akinto

got a pandora battery from a friend & i created memostick when i tried to use it to downgrade a blue display appear instead of this "press X to install 3.90 M33 Press X"

Juan Regular

Just to clear a few things up for me: I can use the battery and 4gb Memostick of my bricked PSP in a working 3.40-OE PSP to do the Magic Memostick, Pandora's Battery thing, right?

vuanhquan92

Hi guys, if I have a MS that I maked from this method, I want to keep it, but if I want to play games on this MS, I have to reformat it so it would make some avaiable folder for me to copy games ISO/CSO in the MS. If I don't format it, I can't see anything in MS through PSP (already tested). So is there some ways for me too keep the Universal Unbriker file in my MS and I can play games on PSP ???

B2K24

Hi guys, if I have a MS that I maked from this method, I want to keep it, but if I want to play games on this MS, I have to reformat it so it would make some avaiable folder for me to copy games ISO/CSO in the MS. If I don't format it, I can't see anything in MS through PSP (already tested). So is there some ways for me too keep the Universal Unbriker file in my MS and I can play games on PSP ???

If you format then you no longer will have a magic stick.
I believe you can simply create the folders on the MS then use a normal battery to boot up to access the games from stick. When you need to boot the other IPL your jigkick battery will run the magic part of the stick.

Prosik

Hi guys,

I have a pandoras battery I created a while ago with a stick that will downgrade to 1.50.
Do I have to recreate the battery and stick again or can I update the stick to "downgrade" then
install m33?

Thanks for all your work,

Prosik

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi guys,

I have a pandoras battery I created a while ago with a stick that will downgrade to 1.50.
Do I have to recreate the battery and stick again or can I update the stick to "downgrade" then
install m33?

Thanks for all your work,

Prosik

Haven't personally tested converting a battery to Pandora under 4.01 M33 but it should work, not much has changed from 3.90. If it doesn't work it'll just display an error, so no harm in trying.