• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.52 m33-4 to 4.01 m33 help.

qwertyaas

So while trying to upgrade my PSP from 3.52 m33-4 to 4.01 m33, I get a message that "Some of your idstorage keys have not the correct values".

I read that I need to use Keyclear and IDStorageManage but really am not sure what I am doing with those (dump, edit, correct the keys...). I'd appreciate any help!

Also, is adding Kernel 1.5 still necessary for 4.01 M33?

qwertyaas

Well, a lot of people said since TA-082s don't have the 6 or 7 keys, that it ended up bricking their PSPs if they didn't fix the keys (besides for 5) and then create a 6 or 7. Problem is, I have no idea how to do that really (I have the Keycleaner and IDStorageManager running, but not sure which options to use).

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
You don't need any other app, just the update file. When that message apears press X, you wont have any problems.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
You should always have key 6. If you're missing key 7 and 8, do this:

Run IdStorage Manager.
Create keys 7 and 8 if missing. They'll now exist, but they're completely blank.
Dump the keys.
Use a PC to replace 0x0007.bin and 0x0008.bin from the dump with some good ones.
Run IDSM again and do verify/fix keys.

qwertyaas

You should always have key 6. If you're missing key 7 and 8, do this:

Run IdStorage Manager.
Create keys 7 and 8 if missing. They'll now exist, but they're completely blank.
Dump the keys.
Use a PC to replace 0x0007.bin and 0x0008.bin from the dump with some good ones.
Run IDSM again and do verify/fix keys.

Well if I just create key 7 and 8, would the 4.01 m33 update fix the keys automatically as long as they are there (even if they are blank)?

So in IDSM, Under keys 0001-0003, it just says "Key appears to be: non-existent" (return code 80000025), and keys 0007-0008 have a bunch of values but says on the bottom "Key appears to be: unknown". So would I only need to create 1-3?

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Well if I just create key 7 and 8, would the 4.01 m33 update fix the keys automatically as long as they are there (even if they are blank)?

I don't think so. It only fixes key 5.

So in IDSM, Under keys 0001-0003, it just says "Key appears to be: non-existent" (return code 80000025), and keys 0007-0008 have a bunch of values but says on the bottom "Key appears to be: unknown". So would I only need to create 1-3?

No. There have never been any keys 1-3 on any PSPs. IDSM prints the status of keys based on what was learned from KeyCleaner, but 7 and 8 were never part of that, so there really isn't any info. You'll notice most keys say "unknown". KeyCleaner only works on keys messed up by the old software downgraders.

qwertyaas

No. There have never been any keys 1-3 on any PSPs. IDSM prints the status of keys based on what was learned from KeyCleaner, but 7 and 8 were never part of that, so there really isn't any info. You'll notice most keys say "unknown". KeyCleaner only works on keys messed up by the old software downgraders.

I see, but since I have values for keys 7 and 8, is there anything else that needs to be done with it (although it still does say "unknown", it is not a blank screen like the others). Or should I just go ahead with the update and go for pressing "x" when it asks to correct the values. Just don't want this PSP to brick, especially after I heard it bricked a few TA-082 PSPs doing this update.

Thanks for the help by the way!

ShadowOps

Similar problem

I had a similar problem, 3.52 m33-4 trying to upgrade to 4.01 m33-2 and got the same idstorage key message. I have a T082 i think, my motherboard says IC1003 IC6001. Do i need to use Keyclear and IDStorage Manager to make sure it won't brick? Did you encounter this problem?