• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.71 m33-3 -> 4.01 m33-2 savegame oddity

mcm

I had to write about this since this is pretty peculiar.

Savegames created and load normally in (slim-psp) 3.71 m33-3 but after updating to 4.01 m33-2 when loading any and all savegames (like 7 different saves in R-type command) i get the error "Load failed. The data is corrupted" from the following games. Echochrome, R-Type Command.

However "Pinball Hall of fame - The Williams Collection" seems to be unaffected by this peculiarity. The data loads without problems.

When I put the Memstick to the phat psp still running 3.71 m33-3 the savegames load without any comments about corruption! I tried formatting the memstick on the 4.01 psp and copying back the files on the stick and same problem. 4.01 m33-2 does not load but 3.71 m33-3 does.

Any ideas?

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
Not this again! For god sakes, use the dam search button.
Anyway, go back to 3.90 M33-3 and install the fatmsmod.

mcm

Not this again! For god sakes, use the dam search button.
Anyway, go back to 3.90 M33-3 and install the fatmsmod.

Wouldn't it be easier to have an app that converts the old saves to a form that runs on 4.01? Is the reason for the saves fake corrupt error really because of the MS read speed?