• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

help...

zippythecellist

Ok, so I have a halo 3 special editon 360. (yay me! xD) Sometimes when I shut it off, a lime green-ish color appears on the top of the screen as its turning off. Sometimes it's white too. Does this mean RROD is on its way? Because I have barely had this thing for a month, so microshit will have a very angry gamer musician to deal with if I have to call them and go without my xbox until school starts. :cursing: I never play more than an hour - an hour and a half, so it isn't because I'm a gamer with no life. XD

Also, sometimes after its shut off, I still hear the HD spinning, but then if I press the power button again, it stops. Is this a glitch or something? :confused1: The controller charger wasn't plugged in any time that this happened, so it can't be because of that.

zippythecellist

Also, as I was playing viva pinata yesterday, there were really weird glitches that never happened on my old xbox. When a plant died, the flowers/seeds would bounce around for a while. When leafos was walking into the garden, she was walking with her head turned to the left and shaking all over the place. I swear, if this xbox breaks, I'm gonna kill something. >=(

PR0fessor Burnt

the viva pinta sounds like just its gameplay and my friend got the RROD and that never happened before it the HD spiniing its probly slowing down before its stopping if its really hot out (my friends did it 2 but after RROD) and if u do get RROD nd send it it to microshit they return it to once its fixed in about 1 to 4 weeks

zippythecellist

It's not the HD slowing down, it will still run like there is a game going on or something. I'm not waiting 4 weeks for my xbox to fixed of THEIR problem if it happens, but maybe if I be really bitchy on the phone the wait will be closer to 1 week. :D

zippythecellist

Seriously, that halo 3 xbox was my 16th b-day present. I haven't even had it for a month, and I don't play long enough sessions for overheating to be an issue. So yeah, I have every right to get angry at microshit. xD

This problem happened again when I was playing mass effect today. D= Someone help, the display xbox at best buy today had RROD, I don't want that to be my xbox too. xD

Kinda off topic, but does anyone know where to buy 8GB PSP memory cards? Everywhere I look only has 2GB, and walmart only has 4GB. :confused:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ok, so I have a halo 3 special editon 360. (yay me! xD) Sometimes when I shut it off, a lime green-ish color appears on the top of the screen as its turning off. Sometimes it's white too. Does this mean RROD is on its way? Because I have barely had this thing for a month, so microshit will have a very angry gamer musician to deal with if I have to call them and go without my xbox until school starts. :cursing: I never play more than an hour - an hour and a half, so it isn't because I'm a gamer with no life. XD

Also, sometimes after its shut off, I still hear the HD spinning, but then if I press the power button again, it stops. Is this a glitch or something? :confused1: The controller charger wasn't plugged in any time that this happened, so it can't be because of that.

Well the Halo edition 360 is one of the newer models so it's not as likely to RROD. Have you reconnected all cables? A loose cable could be the culprit here. I doubt it's an issue with the video card itself, as the system isn't locking up while playing a game.

As for the HDD issue, were you downloading anything when this happened? I believe the 360 goes into sleep mode if you shut it off while a downloading is in progress.

XsavioR

sounds like the switch on the video adapter is in the Partial position , My elite i got after 3 burnouts , had the same issue. Toggle the switch back and forth , that is on the side of the video cable. Reseat all connectors.

A sound when booting up is usually a sign of a rrod , its like zzzzzzzzzt really high pitched at the end.... happend to me twice, and my bro, dont think thats your issue though....

Like x3 said, MS did more or less eliminate the issue. in newer packages.... What your probably hearing after shut down, is a fan, Turned on when the main fans shut off (when u power down) . When u power on it stops , reason dictates, because the internal fans turn on.

Try the switch , should make it right.