• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Bypass the service mode?

nekirhs

Ok, I'm running 3.90 m33-3 on my PSP right now.
I have yet to buy another battery, just due to the fact that I haven't really been using my PSP all that much.

Anyway, what I need to know is, is there a way to bypass the service mode screen?
Like, when you put in the battery, start it up, service mode.
How do I skip that and just go straight to the PSP? Can I even do it?

Thanks.

XsavioR

indeed i had this same issue. just load up with the battery out, on ac ,,,, then put it in and convert it back. Guess this effected 4 people now.

Run idstorage manager. you might find out you have an error.

nekirhs

Right, but what I wanted was a way to do it so I didn't have to start it up with the power adapter in.
Every time I have a problem or I want to play it, I have to open the back, take out the batter, plug in the adapter, turn it on, unplug the adapter (to force power off), plug it back in, turn it on again, then put the battery in.

I wanted a way to get past the service mode screen and just go right to the PSP.
I know I read a report about this possibly being added in the future.

Also, I shoulda mentioned, what I was talking about, about not buying another battery.
I converted my only battery to a Pandora battery (hard-mod, the pin is broken so I can't just put it back to convert it back).
So I'm using a pandora battery.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Right, but what I wanted was a way to do it so I didn't have to start it up with the power adapter in.
Every time I have a problem or I want to play it, I have to open the back, take out the batter, plug in the adapter, turn it on, unplug the adapter (to force power off), plug it back in, turn it on again, then put the battery in.

I wanted a way to get past the service mode screen and just go right to the PSP.
I know I read a report about this possibly being added in the future.

Also, I shoulda mentioned, what I was talking about, about not buying another battery.
I converted my only battery to a Pandora battery (hard-mod, the pin is broken so I can't just put it back to convert it back).
So I'm using a pandora battery.

The latest version of Despertar del Cementerio does this. You need to create your magic memory stick using this guide:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

By doing this, your PSP will boot normally unless UP is pressed on the d-pad.

nekirhs

The latest version of Despertar del Cementerio does this. You need to create your magic memory stick using this guide:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

By doing this, your PSP will boot normally unless UP is pressed on the d-pad.

If I'm using a slim, should I do EVERYTHING?
It says to use the 1.50 firmware update, which I have heard doesn't work with slims.