• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Verify Process of Installing CFW

Phosphor

I've searched, googled, watched videos all over just so that I can get a better understanding of installing CFW on the slim PSP.

I just had a few questions and was hoping someone could answer them for me.

1) Where's the best place to get the files for the "Magic Stick"? Should I download one of these "noob" packages of files or is it better to just manually copy the files over myself? How can I make sure I have the latest files (or that the "noob" packages contain the newest files)? Do the files ever get updated?

2) If I have a slim psp running OFW 4.05, I have to first downgrade it to CFW 1.5, then upgrade to whatever M33 version I want?

3) Once CFW is installed, is there any way to "uninstall" the CFW and go back to the original OFW?

Well, that's it for now I think... if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Acerthief

1 and 2: Slims don't use the downgrade method, but the magic memory stick. Go look for a total newbie installer, and it will contain all the things you'll need to get a custom firmware.
As long as you can get custom firmware on your slim, it doesn't really matter if the noob files are updated or not. ;)

3: You can, say if you have 4.01M33, all you need to do is get an official update later than 4.01 and run it on the system, then your system will be back on custom firmware. But why bother?