• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Question about the different UMD Modes

ZUMA

when in the recovery menu and under configuration there is a setting called UMD mode, what does each one main? But the big question is, is one better then the other or is there one that is the best?

Acerthief

Normal -> When you play ISOs you still need an UMD inserted.
M33 Driver -> ISO driver by our DAX :D
Sony np9660 -> Driver written by Sony! basically because of the online download service
oe isofs -> No idea XD

Acerthief

I personally use Normal or Sony np9660 depending on whether i forgot to insert an UMD or not.

some game actually run better on the M33 Driver but not everyone of them.

If you have a UMD just insert it and use Normal.

january39

eXo Staff
When using 4.01 M33 generally the M33 Driver is the best in terms of speed and compatibiltly. Under 4.01 M33 and i would use the sony Np9660.

Like acerthief says, i do not think there is much in it TBH. I have known some back ups not to work with the Sony driver but WILL we the M33 and Vice versa.

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
When using 4.01 M33 generally the M33 Driver is the best in terms of speed and compatibiltly. Under 4.01 M33 and i would use the sony Np9660.

Like acerthief says, i do not think there is much in it TBH. I have known some back ups not to work with the Sony driver but WILL we the M33 and Vice versa.

4.01 M33 didn't had any improvements on the M33 driver since older versions.

january39

eXo Staff
4.01 M33 didn't had any improvements on the M33 driver since older versions.

No idea - But i know it has made a difference. I find many titles using the Np-9660 driver fail to load correctly using 4.01, however they do when under the M33 driver. Almost all worked previously under the 3.XX Fw's.