• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

4.01 M33-2 Toggle USB Flash(0) Bug

mabel

I recently updated my CFW to 4.01 M33-2 everything worked flawlessly. I decided today to go with a custom theme again, tried one out and f*@%ed up my ability to use usb via xmb menu. So I went to the recovery menu and tried to toggle the usb flash(0), but when it pops up on my computer it's my memory stick. So now I have no way to access and fix my flash 0. I actually think it started to do this after the update. Has anyone else had this problem and maybe decided it wasn't anything worth fussing about at the time? Because I think I tried using it before and it did the same thing, so I just used the VshMenu with the XMB USB.
Please help, I feel kind of frustrated with myself. Thanks. :smile:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I recently updated my CFW to 4.01 M33-2 everything worked flawlessly. I decided today to go with a custom theme again, tried one out and f*@%ed up my ability to use usb via xmb menu. So I went to the recovery menu and tried to toggle the usb flash(0), but when it pops up on my computer it's my memory stick. So now I have no way to access and fix my flash 0. I actually think it started to do this after the update. Has anyone else had this problem and maybe decided it wasn't anything worth fussing about at the time? Because I think I tried using it before and it did the same thing, so I just used the VshMenu with the XMB USB.
Please help, I feel kind of frustrated with myself. Thanks. :smile:

Hmm, well, never heard of this happening before. Try formatting flash1 and see if that fixes it.

mabel

Sorry no luck. After searching google extensively, I read some similar problems that were fixed with a switch of a memory stick. Do you think snagging a friends mem stick would do anything?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sorry no luck. After searching google extensively, I read some similar problems that were fixed with a switch of a memory stick. Do you think snagging a friends mem stick would do anything?

Actually I would try accessing the flash0 without any memory stick inserted.

mabel

Actually I would try accessing the flash0 without any memory stick inserted.

Teh, sorry did I forget to mention I've tried that? It just does the please insert a memory device thing. I've tried going into configuration and adjusting the XMB Usb device but it didn't help also. Even when I try to toggle flash(1)(2)or(3) it does the same thing. Thanks for your help x3sphere.

mabel

Sorry for the double post but, I have another question, I read somewhere about downgrading to 3.90 by running that eboot, I think it would probably brick but I'm out of ideas. What would happen?

mabel

Ok, if I'm missing my icons for internet radio and search, but they still operate properly, my psp freezes when I try to start the usb mode, and also freezes when I try to drop down my music files; What .rco would that be?