• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

HiroNakamura777

is it possible for our psp to get bricked by this? and will it get bricked if i use a psp slim with but im converting a normal psp battery.

aet92

The New one
hey everyboy and what about the new despertar del cementerio can we use it directly to pass to 4.01m33-2
x3sphere you should update this FAQ!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hey everyboy and what about the new despertar del cementerio can we use it directly to pass to 4.01m33-2
x3sphere you should update this FAQ!

I will when I have time to do so. Probably later today. If you already have DC5 installed just follow the instructions in the DC6 readme file. It will install 4.01 M33-2 to your memory stick and replace 3.90 M33-3.

cyrus

will the update of this guide use the latest version of hellcats pandora unbricker?

tushyboy793

Sorry maybe this was already answered but my question is that can I downgrade my 4.05 ofw slim psp without having access to a psp with CFW? I understand the guide on how to do everything but I DO NOT have access to any psp with cfw. I read alot of stuff and they say you need 2 psps to downgrade 1 ofw and 1 cfw. Is it just the battery that counts? Plx help

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
will the update of this guide use the latest version of hellcats pandora unbricker?

Hellcat needs to update it, as the latest version doesn't work with DC6. Anyway, the guide has been updated now and tested.

Sorry maybe this was already answered but my question is that can I downgrade my 4.05 ofw slim psp without having access to a psp with CFW? I understand the guide on how to do everything but I DO NOT have access to any psp with cfw. I read alot of stuff and they say you need 2 psps to downgrade 1 ofw and 1 cfw. Is it just the battery that counts? Plx help

You'll need to buy a Pandora battery then, or have someone else convert your battery. As long as you have that, it's possible to install custom firmware on OFW without access to another PSP.

Hobo992

My psp is a 3.71 M33-4. I took the two files a put them in psp\game. i have a Pandoraed battery hard moded sony 3.6 1200 mAh. I don't think i have a TA-088 v3 because i got mine 1 year ago.

Every time I put on Hellcat's Pandora Installer for 3.XX Rev 3b and try to load it . I can't find it on my psp.

rnc_ebm

>>> MY UNIVERSAL MULTI Unbricker / DownGrader / Upgrader <<<
>>> IN ONE MEMORY STICK ONLY <<<

MultiUniversalUnbricker.jpg

br

RNC_EBM

biro

The one behind second 5.03 exploit
did any one report success

pspnoob21

I downloaded everything as i should have, but when i went to launch Hellcats Pandora installer, my psp stopped loading it and said .... "The game could not be started. ( 80020148 )" Can anyone help me with this problem? I am running OFW 4.01 on a psp phat.

gaspar

I downloaded everything as i should have, but when i went to launch Hellcats Pandora installer, my psp stopped loading it and said .... "The game could not be started. ( 80020148 )" Can anyone help me with this problem? I am running OFW 4.01 on a psp phat.

This only run in Custom Firmware
I apologize for my English

gaspar

This method is 100% safe? Gives to this method in Custom Firmware 4.01 m33-2?

jason212

As for the 4.01M33 UNBRICKER, while holding the up button, I found that some magic memory stick response fast but some need to take long time to present the menu screen ( Install 4.01 M33, Install 4.01 OFW, NAND operations, Hardware Info,Test M33, Shutdown, Reboot Device)
. Sometimes the background wil change to diff colour, is it normal?

gaspar

As for the 4.01M33 UNBRICKER, while holding the up button, I found that some magic memory stick response fast but some need to take long time to present the menu screen ( Install 4.01 M33, Install 4.01 OFW, NAND operations, Hardware Info,Test M33, Shutdown, Reboot Device)
. Sometimes the background wil change to diff colour, is it normal?

Yes

aero125

I had the earlier MMS with TM/DC5 installed.

I noticed after installing DC6, DC5 is still there inside the TM folder. It was not replaced, but rather DC6 was adding on top of it.

Could the DC5 folder be deleted away ? My MMS is 256M, I'm terribly short of space.

Further, I noticed also that the new TM/DC6 folder has all its own data, dic, font, gps, kd, net, registry and vsh sub folders.

The data, dic, font, kd, registry and vsh folders originally found in the ms0 root of my earlier TM/DC5 MMS were still there at the ms0 root after the DC6 installation. Are all these files in use during unbricking/upgrading/downgrading process ? Could I delete these seemingly duplicated folders/files ( ms0:/data, dic, font .... ) from the root ?

Could I also delete away the 150.pbp, 340.pbp, 390.pbp, update.pbp (renamed from the 150.pbp) and the 401.pbp after the DC6 installation had finished ?

Thks a lot for your advice !

I will when I have time to do so. Probably later today. If you already have DC5 installed just follow the instructions in the DC6 readme file. It will install 4.01 M33-2 to your memory stick and replace 3.90 M33-3.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I had the earlier MMS with TM/DC5 installed.

I noticed after installing DC6, DC5 is still there inside the TM folder. It was not replaced, but rather DC6 was adding on top of it.

Could the DC5 folder be deleted away ? My MMS is 256M, I'm terribly short of space.

Further, I noticed also that the new TM/DC6 folder has all its own data, dic, font, gps, kd, net, registry and vsh sub folders.

The data, dic, font, kd, registry and vsh folders originally found in the ms0 root of my earlier TM/DC5 MMS were still there at the ms0 root after the DC6 installation. Are all these files in use during unbricking/upgrading/downgrading process ? Could I delete these seemingly duplicated folders/files ( ms0:/data, dic, font .... ) from the root ?

Could I also delete away the 150.pbp, 340.pbp, 390.pbp, update.pbp (renamed from the 150.pbp) and the 401.pbp after the DC6 installation had finished ?

Thks a lot for your advice !

From my testing, it's safe to delete the DC5 folder, as well as following updaters (since DC6 only uses 401.PBP):

150.PBP
340.PBP
390.PBP

Not sure about the other folders as I didn't try to delete those.

biro

The one behind second 5.03 exploit
Did anyone report success