• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How to watch more than 1 movie on 1 MS?

SauceyWombat

Is it possible to watch more than a single movie from the same MS? I have one MS with 3 movie ISO's, but I can only access one of them (the same one every time). It's like my PSP doesn't even "see" the other movie files. I've tried using 3.52/3.71/3.90 M33 CFW versions with the same results.

Is there any way to access more than one movie ISO/CSO from a single MS? If so please tell me how.

By the way I own the UMD movies & used UMDGen to convert them to ISO/CSO files. I'm going on a 3 day road trip & have very limitted room in my suitcase, so I'm hoping to have my movies on my MS to watch on the way.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Can't really test this as I don't have a 4GB stick. Have you tested these movies one by one to make sure each works properly? Some of the newer UMD movies must be dumped through the built-in UMD dumper in M33 firmware. Also, converting them to CSO is probably not a good idea seeing as it means slower load times and you won't save much space on a video ISO (if any).

If it's a bug with the M33 firmware, I suppose you could store the movie files in another folder, then move each one over to the ISO/VIDEO directory using PSP Filer when you're ready to watch it. When you're finished, move that file back to the folder outside of ISO/VIDEO.

SauceyWombat

Each movie works just fine on the MS. The problem seems to be the M33 CFW not allowing more than one movie to play.

I'm completely unfamiliar with PSP Filer. I have no idea what it does or how to use it. I Googled it & didn't find any instructions regarding how to use it. I would sincerely appreciate any links to any tutorial or "How to use" info.

Thanks for your reply x3spohere.

SauceyWombat

So you're saying the M33 firmwares don't allow more than one movie to be seen...even if there are 2 or more saved on the MS?

I'd like to be sure about things before I go through the time & trouble of dealing with an entirely unknown program. I'd rather just save one movie per MS than have to deal with converting anything beyond what I've already done. It just seems strange to me that multiple games can be accessed from a single MS, yet nobody seems to know how to deal with multiple movies on a MS.

Is there a program as simple to use as UMDGen that I can use to backup my UMD movies into MP4 format?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The reason I recommended PSP Filer is because its a file management utility. You can move files across folders straight from the PSP itself. I don't know of any tutorials for using it but there is a help menu inside of the program. Just hit X on any file and Filer will ask if you'd like to copy / move it.

january39

eXo Staff
As silver surfer said. convert to Mpeg4 and you can have aas many movies as you like on your MS.

BTW Pspfiler is a must have homebrew for you PSP.

SauceyWombat

How do I convert my movie/video ISO/CSO file into Mpeg4? Is there anything as simple to use as UMDGen that would directly convert my UMD movie into Mpeg4?

I was told that there isn't any program that converts my file to mpgeg4. Remember, my originals are UMD movies, not DVD movies.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
How do I convert my movie/video ISO/CSO file into Mpeg4? Is there anything as simple to use as UMDGen that would directly convert my UMD movie into Mpeg4?

I was told that there isn't any program that converts my file to mpgeg4. Remember, my originals are UMD movies, not DVD movies.

I don't know of any converting program that can read UMD movies. If there was one, I'd probably have heard of it by now.

january39

eXo Staff
You could mount it with Alc0hol (or similar) and perhaps use Nero Recode> Mp4.

Un-tested though but worth a shot - Think i will try it myself.