• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

should I go with cxmb 3.2 or 4.0?

kragghlfx

I`m new to the homebrew scene..I`m running 4.01 m33-2..i installed cxmb 3.2 i found it a little glitchy...found cxmb 4.0 only came with 2 themes but they work great.most 4.01 themes are designed for 3.2...is there any difference?I have a feeling it`ll be awhile before there are themes for my setup.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I`m new to the homebrew scene..I`m running 4.01 m33-2..i installed cxmb 3.2 i found it a little glitchy...found cxmb 4.0 only came with 2 themes but they work great.most 4.01 themes are designed for 3.2...is there any difference?I have a feeling it`ll be awhile before there are themes for my setup.

First of all, CXMB v3.2.1 is latest official build and is actually newer. Most likely you got 4.0 from QJ, as I did a Google search and found they mislabeled the unofficial release from Miriam as CXMB 4.0.

Changes were made in the official build so that themes created with the unofficial one are not compatible, unless you hex edit a few values in the CTF file. Seems most people are creating themes for v2.3.1 now so I would stick with that.