• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP-3000 Announced

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psp-30001.jpg

Update: For those of us outside of Europe, SCEA just confirmed that the PSP-3000 will be sold initially in North America through the previously announced Ratchet & Clank Entertainment Pack on October 14, as well as a new 4GB Entertainment Pack due out in November. Both packs will cost $199.99. A standalone pack with the updated model, still priced at $169.99, will be available “later this year.”

At Sony's ongoing conference at Games Convention 2008 in Leipzig, SCEE president David Reeves announced that the long-rumored PSP-3000 goes on sale this fall worldwide, pinning an October 15 date for EMEA territories.

As expected, the new model is a hardware refresh, adding a built-in microphone, as well as an enhanced LCD screen with significantly less glare and more vibrant colors. Cosmetically, as pictured above, the PSP-3000 sports slightly smoother curves compared to the design of the current Slim & Lite revision.

It'll ship in eight separate hardware bundle packages in Europe, with each priced at 199€.

The Next Generation of Hardware and Software innovations unveiled

Leipzig Games Convention, 20th August 2008: “For the times they are a-changin” were the opening words today from David Reeves, President, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) as he made his opening address at the Leipzig Games Convention. With a focus firmly on new and innovative titles, products and the European games market he commented: “You will see technology that has never been seen before and you will be introduced to products and games that will not only be coming first to Europe but global initiatives announced first in Europe.”

Reeves started with the continued development of the PlayStation

dennis96411

Aww Man!! I just got a slim few weeks ago. #%#*~

Wait, it comes with a 4 GB Memory Stick?!?!

Hmm. Microphone and LCD enhancement? Ahh... Not worth it. Still not hackable.

XsavioR

A mic , a screen +40$ (the mic inevitably = monthly charges)

Seriously SCE ..

I would go back and find your ridiculas post about hammering the psp with love. but im to lazy.

Blatantly you state euro releases first, this is why your units will never be the first choice. The things that make them useful ie gps and cool little add ons you refuse to even release in the us.

People have the choice between Buying a system marketed to them immediately,
Or to buy your system, which i can search the net and see cool things for them but Usually you dont realize that stuffs mostly for japan only or eu till you buy one and try to find accessories games etc. For years the only things on the shelves were 10 games, batteries, memory sticks, usb cables and a plethera of cases . And dont forget the screen protectors.

Now lets be honest , all that crap should be in the box when you buy it.

You have zero chance Releasing your product in this fashion to be the first choice.

If that is your mantra now.... an exec should lose his job.

Why did i want a psp??????
http://www.gearfuse.com/test-a-bike-ride-with-the-psp-gps/ Look and see.........

Ps i think that post is 2 years old. its STILL NOT OUT.

YoKo

<p>Yea i agree.. I thought it will be something new, but it's just improved 2000 or even 1000 version.
Really bad Sony, really bad!!!</p>
<p>If there weren't CFW's, i will never buy one, still i am on my fatty...</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'll probably get it if the LCD screen is totally free of any ghosting. That's my only real gripe with the PSP right now.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

dennis96411

UNLESS THEY CUT THE PRICE:

Who would want to pay 199 Euro ($291) for this? We can just get a slim (PSP-2000) for $199 and be off with it. Seriously, why 100$ more? I can buy a mic for $20. Do you want to waste $100 more on a mic and tiny improvement, same old slim? Oh wait, forgot this: If you want sell your slim and buy this crap, you get about $70 (Here I get $110 for it), so, you have to pay like more than $200. Oh yeah, don't forget about 7% tax, so it's about $20 for tax. Total: $200~$250 if you sell your slim, or $310~$315 if you just buy it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It's not $100 more, it's the same price as the Slim. If everything sold here was based on the Euro exchange rate the 80GB PS3 would cost almost $600.

Basically, Sony is saving money on the PSP hardware now, and instead of a doing a price cut, they're adding more perks and keeping the same price. Same deal with the 160GB PS3.

Potato

<p>Ima have to get this, I still have the original PSP and all my buttons are dead X_X</p>
<p>It would be nice if this could get h@x3d lik all the others, but there is a great set of teams working on it and I have great faith in their efforts :D</p>