• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

RadiantStorm

no the magic memory stick can be made in a computer running XP BUT for the pandora bettary needs a CFW psp or disarming the battery and taking out the eeprom!
for making the MS in a computer you can read this http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=7835

i,i can't I use the one in the guide as a magic memory stick?
or does that memory stick only work with cwf... or one of the applications only work with cwf? if so which one is it?

lol sorry for the questions I just don't wanna mess up a psp O.O

skparasite

This is my first post oustide of news posts and I'd like to say this was a great guide. I know have a more efficient (and smaller) setup that takes just about 80MB rather than what I used before that took almost 150MB due to useless tools that I never touched.

Thanks x3sphere for the great guide. =)

zc86

hi what do i do if i have a pandora battery and custom firmware 4.01 m33-2 already and want to make a magic stick? i am just wondering if it will be safe to just follow you magic stick instructions up to number 25. i have a psp slim that already had custom firmware already put on. i am planning to downgrade my psp to another cfw in the future and i just got my pandora battery.

gaspar

hi what do i do if i have a pandora battery and custom firmware 4.01 m33-2 already and want to make a magic stick? i am just wondering if it will be safe to just follow you magic stick instructions up to number 25. i have a psp slim that already had custom firmware already put on. i am planning to downgrade my psp to another cfw in the future and i just got my pandora battery.

League the PSP to AC Adapter without the battery when connected you put the battery and remove the AC Adapter, make this guide http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780 after finish put make a normal battery and well have a normal battery and magic memory stick.
In the future if you want to have the pandora's battery is only connect the Pandora Installer and make a Pandora Battery.

aet92

The New one
I can't do this if i have original firmware??
no you cant only thing if you do the magic MS in a computer and you make a hardmod to the battery taking out the eeprom and you can make yourself a pandora kit without another psp!

sp0rk

haLP

i need some help... Ive done absolutely everything as the instructions say, but when i try to start DC7 on the PSP (4.01 M33-2) it just remains black and then turns off. I have no idea of whats goin on, so if anyone can help please do.

ps: yes, im lazy enough not to read all 99 pages on this thread.

EDIT: nevermind, had a custom theme and prx, so had to downgrade to 3.90 M33 to use this.

gaspar

i need some help... Ive done absolutely everything as the instructions say, but when i try to start DC7 on the PSP (4.01 M33-2) it just remains black and then turns off. I have no idea of whats goin on, so if anyone can help please do.

ps: yes, im lazy enough not to read all 99 pages on this thread.

Try format the Memory Stick or download again the DC7 or M33 -> Configuration -> Game folder homebrew to 4.XX Kernel

KING-X

2 SLIM PSPS BRICKED

I HAVE 2 SLIM PSP'S AND THEY ARE BRIKED I HAVE MADE THE STICK AND GOT A RED TOOLS BATTERY IT WORKED UP TO THE POINT WHERE I TRYED TO INSTALL THE CUSTOM FIMWARE 4.01 THEN IT DOES FLSH 0 OK WHEN IT GOES TO FLASH 1 IT DOES 1% IT DIES WHAT SHOULD I DO PLEASE HELP

icelouis

hi wonder if anyone can help i have a psp slim with ta85 board when i did the downgrading it was no problem but when it booted up to XMB all buttons are not able to be pressed except volume button mine is a psp-2006 Ta85 can anyone enlight me on this please

nathanmoon

Programmer. Procrastinator.
x3sphere, please HELP!!!

x3sphere, does this app work on a Japanese PSP-1000 running 3.52 M33-4 with IDStorage key 5 patched with Chilly Willy's KeyCleaner???

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
x3sphere, does this app work on a Japanese PSP-1000 running 3.52 M33-4 with IDStorage key 5 patched with Chilly Willy's KeyCleaner???

Yes it does.

Lfee

hi everybody! (sorry for my english) after installing 4.01 m33 psp boot up only blue screen with waves and pulsing white circle at the right bottom of the screen. no one button ara not work. if i press "select" i see m33 vsh menu and inside this buttons are work. if i boot up from "recovery menu -> run program at..." psp loading with error 80010002 but all is work. HELP! PS i do this step by step tutorial