• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Slim battery problem.

Kraiden

Well, I've got a bit of a problem, and I was wondering if anyone has some advice.

I recently put custom firmware on my PSP slim (3.71 M33-2). I got myself a new PSP battery, took my old one out and pandora'd it, and voila. I decided to use the new battery I got as my current one, since it was... well, new.

Unfortunately, for the past week since I've got it, I've had nothing but problems with it. The battery read-out level fluxuates randomly, sometimes saying it's 100% charged, and then saying it's around 16%. When I do try to charge it through the AC adapter, it charges fine for about 5 minutes before the LED switches off, thinking it's fully charged.

And now, it's like the battery is just out of power. It won't charge up at all, and running the PSP with the AC adapter in works fine for about 5 minutes untill it just shuts off, however if I take out the battery and run the PSP *just* by the AC power, I've got no problems.

I've read around for a few hours and have found one or two people with the same problems, but not many solutions. It seems to be a problem with the Slim PSP's, and they're all custom firmware related. I've tried reformatting the Flash1 stuff, which didn't work, among other things.

I'm just wondering, is it possible this is a Firmware issue, or could it just be this new battery is a piece of crap?

Acerthief

The battery's is a stock PSP Battery included out of the box I suppose?
Tell sony give you a new one. :)

Kraiden

Yep.

What i did just then was rather interesting. I've got my PSP on in AC mode without a bettery in, so while it was on I plugged in my old battery that worked (but is pandora'd).

The reading stayed solid, it didn't keep on changing, and it just... worked. The other battery I plug in and the battery bar at the top of the screen keeps dissappearing and reappearing.

I guess it's just a dud battery. Damnit!