• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

djchayan

Question!!

before hand thanks for your great tutorial guys indeed is helkpful but need help here I did all steps and everything but when i hit the first option that is install 4.01m33 it jsut stops at 1% formatting flash 1... then turns off did i do something wrong? any answers would be appreciated.

aero125

Rapoy, yes u can. If u already have a DC5 (install 390), u will need to configure a different button during DC7 (install 401) installation. I have this setup TM/DC5/DC7 setup in my MMS

Can I include 3.9m33-3 so that I have two choices to upgrade to 4.01 m33-2 or downgrade to 3.9m33-3?

kevz

problem when executing dc7

You can skip the battery conversion part.

dude i have a problem when executing dc7 on my psp phat. when executing dc7, only blank screen appeared. i've already followed the steps making magic stick using hellcat's pandora installer. i also tried the the easy way to install dc7 in memory stick. by means of that i downloaded dc7 and place in GAME folder and place the 401.PBP firmware on root of memory stick but still same problem i got. can you help me please? thanks so much in advance

kevz

dude i have a problem when executing dc7 on my psp phat. when executing dc7, only blank screen appeared. i've already followed the steps making magic stick using hellcat's pandora installer. i also tried the the easy way to install dc7 in memory stick. by means of that i downloaded dc7 and place in GAME folder and place the 401.PBP firmware on root of memory stick but still same problem i got. can you help me please? thanks so much in advance
Edit/Delete Message

Project7

Hi x3sphere,
am I able to follow this guide using a PSP with 4.01 M33-2 already running?
The reason I ask is because at the start, you say to set the GAME folder homebrew settings to 3.xx Kernel.
My PSP Only has 4.xx Kernel?

Or, would I have to get my PSP back down to 3.71 M33-2 or 3.90 M33-5 or something like that.
Where I would then follow these steps, creating the Pandora set.
Then, I can upgrade back to 4.01 M33-2 and all will be well.

Thanks,
Project7.

EDIT: I might aswell ask, what is the best firmware to use?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi x3sphere,
am I able to follow this guide using a PSP with 4.01 M33-2 already running?
The reason I ask is because at the start, you say to set the GAME folder homebrew settings to 3.xx Kernel.
My PSP Only has 4.xx Kernel?

Or, would I have to get my PSP back down to 3.71 M33-2 or 3.90 M33-5 or something like that.
Where I would then follow these steps, creating the Pandora set.
Then, I can upgrade back to 4.01 M33-2 and all will be well.

Thanks,
Project7.

EDIT: I might aswell ask, what is the best firmware to use?

It works with the 4.x kernel too, as it is basically the same as 3.x. So yes using 4.01 M33-2 is fine.

Project7

Yay!

It works with the 4.x kernel too, as it is basically the same as 3.x. So yes using 4.01 M33-2 is fine.

Thanks, mate.

Haha, just after I posted that question, I had a check to see who was online.
I was overjoyed when I saw your name, that way I wouldn't have had to wait until tomorrow, or next time I am online for an answer. :biggrin:

Oh yeah, so is 4.01 M33-2 the best firmware at the moment?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks, mate.

Haha, just after I posted that question, I had a check to see who was online.
I was overjoyed when I saw your name, that way I wouldn't have had to wait until tomorrow, or next time I am online for an answer. :biggrin:

Oh yeah, so is 4.01 M33-2 the best firmware at the moment?

Yes :) That's the latest M33 firmware release right now, so you're good there.

Acerthief

I know the motherboard TA-088 v3 not run the Pandora but I not know see the motherboard.
I apologise for my English.

Aside from Pandora not working, there's no other way other than taking the console apart.

synyster522

This is so fusturating after inserting the magic memory stick then the pandora battery all 3 lights on the left and right side of the psp light up but there is no response and the screen remains black :(
Someone plz help.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
This is so fusturating after inserting the magic memory stick then the pandora battery all 3 lights on the left and right side of the psp light up but there is no response and the screen remains black :(
Someone plz help.

Well, that means there is nothing wrong with your battery. Try following the magic memory stick portion of the guide again... perhaps you missed a step. And, if possible, use a different memory stick this time.

synyster522

Well, that means there is nothing wrong with your battery. Try following the magic memory stick portion of the guide again... perhaps you missed a step. And, if possible, use a different memory stick this time.

When I insert my battery first only the power light comes on, but when I insert the magic memory stick the other lights turn on, so I'm not quite sure whats up. :confused1:
Oh yes and the memory stick I used was a pro duo sandisk (512mb)
I should also say that I also used a fat battery in a slim, but I was told that it would still work.

notorious

i think i had 1.50 and by my mistaken i updated to 4.05

i think i had 1.50 and by my mistaken i updated to 4.05
if i try to make my battery to pandora battery, would this work ?