• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Freezing

xXNirvashXx

I was running 3.95 official firmware, and I've decided to get Pandora battery.
After buying Pandora battery and trying to use http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780 to make magic memory stick which failed with some error message i used http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_NPZVWfUs2s to make it. After booting with new battery and magic mem stick out of 4 option of installing 3.73mm-3, 3.73 original , dumping nand (wtf is nand??) and dumping nand in some other way, i went with the 1st option. But now every time i boot it comes with Sony logo, and gets to the screen with time and battery live on top and then freezes and shuts down ofter so much time.
so how badly am i screwed? and is there any way to fix this? thnkz

january39

eXo Staff
Check system settings and what does it say - It sounds like it is on 3.71 M33??

It loads to XMB and then shuts down?

Did you dump the NAND in either way?

The NAND in simple terms is the operating files for the PSP, Specific to each individual PSP. Very Important!!! When you 'Dump' the NAND you are essentially 'backing up' those important files in case your psp bricks or Whatever.?

You may have damaged some files in Flash0 in some way.

xXNirvashXx

i cant get to the system settings since it freezes b4 i get control of anything. whats XMB ?
ahh and i tired making new MMS via starting up in recovery mode and enabling usb mode. but now it still freezes and when i boot with Pandora and MMS nothing is coming up but black screen. am i fucked?

january39

eXo Staff
No not yet. XMB = Xross Menu Bar

When you boot with pandora, you get no pandora menu but you do get a green light?? This will indicate that the pandora is ok but not your MMS.

Are the Wifi and MS lights flashing at all? Rapidly?

If you can access recovery you are not F**c**d (please refrain from the language, i'm niot reallt offended but there are many users to this forum and some would be)

xXNirvashXx

No not yet. XMB = Xross Menu Bar

When you boot with pandora, you get no pandora menu but you do get a green light?? This will indicate that the pandora is ok but not your MMS.

Are the Wifi and MS lights flashing at all? Rapidly?

If you can access recovery you are not F**c**d (please refrain from the language, i'm niot reallt offended but there are many users to this forum and some would be)

Yeah, you right. i get green light from battery but no light from wifi and MS, do u think my MMS got corrupted? is there any way to make MMS without having to run it from psp? i mean i can still connect it via card reader. AHHH and does it matter if u format using windows or psp format?

january39

eXo Staff
So you have the pandora battery but i suspect not the MMS. It is possible to create the MMS without a PSP - Go Here.

If you format via PC it wipes all the folders, so you will have a completely blank MS, PSP wipes and restores the folders for you. No real difference other than you ahev to create the Folders manually via PC.

My Advice is to re-flash your Firmware first see how that goes. Create you MMS and Pandora and we can move forward.

xXNirvashXx

So you have the pandora battery but i suspect not the MMS. It is possible to create the MMS without a PSP - Go Here.

If you format via PC it wipes all the folders, so you will have a completely blank MS, PSP wipes and restores the folders for you. No real difference other than you ahev to create the Folders manually via PC.

My Advice is to re-flash your Firmware first see how that goes. Create you MMS and Pandora and we can move forward.

by re-flash your Firmware u mean make new MMS and run the firmware install ?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Have you tried formatting flash1 from within the recovery menu ? The reason I ask is because something is definitely wrong with your flash1, given that you can't access System Settings. A corrupt flash1 may prevent DC7 from booting as well.

xXNirvashXx

Have you tried formatting flash1 from within the recovery menu ? The reason I ask is because something is definitely wrong with your flash1, given that you can't access System Settings. A corrupt flash1 may prevent DC7 from booting as well.

how do i farmat it? where is the option in the Recovery menu? i dont see anything about flash1:sad:

january39

eXo Staff
how do i farmat it? where is the option in the Recovery menu? i dont see anything about flash1:sad:

Enter Recovery, Hold RTRIGGER from Cold start. Advanced>Format Flash1 and reset settings.

xXNirvashXx

ahh one more question. So now i got 3.73mm-3. is it worth updating to 4.01 M33-2 and is it safe?
and do i go straight from 3.73 to 4.01 or do i have to update to some other version 1st?
dont wona brick my psp again :(
PS: i saw this on some forrum "Just don't go installing the 3.71 fatmsmod for 380/390, as it semi-bricks your PSP. The new 4.01 M33 is great and all but I'd rather wait until DaX makes a 4.xx compatible version of the fatmsmod, unless the UMD save state support in possible 4.01 M33-3 changes my mind otherwise. "
so now im not sure if its safe or not.

xXNirvashXx

ok i think its working thabnk you guys. now i got 3.73mm-2. is it worth updating to 4.01 M33-2 and is it safe? The countless amount of post saying how updating their psp bricked their psp scares me.
If yes do i go straight from 3.73 to 4.01 or do i have to update to some other version 1st? using simple instructions of downloading new Eboot and update putting them in the same folder and running?

i don't wona brick my psp again