• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Kurok PSP v0.4

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
04.jpg

Homebrew developer MDave has issued a hefty update to his Turok-inspired first-person shooter known as Kurok. Not one to skimp on details, the author himself has provided a extensive changelog outlining the full list of additions and gameplay tweaks made in this release. Numerous bugs have been addressed, along with the addition of an all-new single player map dubbed Escape and online-supported multiplayer maps Lobby, Crossfire and Area 52.[blockquote2]Additions

* Colored lighting support for maps, using .lit files.
* Skyboxes, using .lmp's for the skybox images. Higher resolution images are supported for the slim psp.
* Precise aim support.
* Music and Kurok Talk!
* New single player map, Escape.
* New multiplayer maps Lobby, Crossfire and Area 52.
* New Boss enemies.
* New sniper rifle weapon.
* Extra deathmatch options in the multiplayer "creating a game" menu.
* Ladder support in maps.
* Rotating doors support in maps.
* Pushable objects support in maps.

Changes

* Weapon balanced tweaked.
* Way too many to list! About 3 times more changes then v0.3.

Bug Fixes

* Infrastructure mode for phat psp's works now, can't remember if it was fixed in v0.3 too.
* Zooming behaves properly now.
* Soldier and Raptor health now change properly according to the difficulty (skill) setting. Soldier skin changes too.
* Forgot what else I fixed! I know I fixed a whole bunch of things though, but probably introduced new bugs.[/blockquote2]Download Kurok v0.4

Kurok PSP Demo v0.4 Released! [MDave]

DrLitebur

Have D/led it from two different places...and I have gotten 'Invalid rar file' type in both places. Maybe it was packed incorrectly?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hmm, well that's weird, it extracts fine for me. Are you using the latest version of WinRAR?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

muhu

Ben-Dover and I have taken the liberty of hosting dedicated servers for Kurok. Feel free to join us at irc.malloc.us #Kurok for maps and other information regarding infrastructure gameplay.
I plan on hosting a 'Friday Night Fragfest' in commemoration of the annual Skulltag event to attract more players.