• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

UMD Drive Spinning after Powering Off

lazyone

Was wondering if anyone knew what's causing this and/or how to stop it. The problem is, whenever I power off the PSP by holding the Power switch, while running an ISO, the UMD drive will spin and click as if it's trying to read a disc. The screen turns off during this, but the Power light is on. It will finally turn off if I hold the Power switch while opening the UMD drive cover.

This problem does go away if I quit the game first by entering the XMB, and then powering it off from there. So it's not a serious issue but I was just curious as to why this is happening. I have tried with but the M33 driver and the NP9660 driver - same results with both. I am running 4.01 M33-2 on a Slim.

Thanks.

january39

eXo Staff
Check your keys using CWKeycleaner or similar. I'm not saying it is that but you can rule it out and look elsewhere for the fault. It would be the first place i would look.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
... which is why some people screw up their keys. Why is it that some people tell folks to check their keys any time some kind of problem pops up? The keys are never the problem (unless you get an error trying to update). If your UMD keys weren't good, you wouldn't even be using UMD/ISOs.

This sound more like a problem with the UMD driver in the firmware... specifically, just something the Sony programmers never thought of. Who would POWER OFF a game right in the middle of playing??? We don't need to worry about anyone doing something so silly!! And that's when someone does that. That's why you try to get a bunch of different types of people to beta test software for you - so you can see what happens when people do things you (as the programmer) don't think anyone would ever do.

january39

eXo Staff
My bad then. I guess.