• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Ryan Payton Leaves Kojima Productions

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ryan6.jpg

Ryan Payton, predominately known for serving as assistance producer for Kojima Productions throughout the duration of Metal Gear Solid 4 development, has revealed that he is officially no longer a part of the company. Payton cited personal reasons, specifically being hit with some "pretty heavy news" concerning his mother, for stepping down from the position:[blockquote2]Back when I joined Kojima Productions in 2005, I hit the ground running and didn't stop until we shipped Metal Gear Solid 4. Then, for the first time in three years, I wasn't working on any games and I had a three month vacation ahead of me. I went back home to my family's place in Washington state and literally three weeks after MGS4 launched we were hit with some pretty heavy news concerning my mom. I don't think I need to go into details, but all of this has reminded me about how important family is. So this past month I decided to leave Kojima Productions and look to continue my career working closer to my family in North America.[/blockquote2]Further to this, Payton dropped word of MGS5, noting that he has "utmost confidence that Hideo Kojima, Ken Imaizumi, and our amazing team will put together another blockbuster game." So Kojima is working on another Metal Gear after all.

It's unfortunate to see Kojima Productions losing such a great asset, but his reasoning behind leaving is understandable. Best of luck to Payton and his family.

Ryan Payton Has Left Kojima Productions (Mentions MGS5) [Kotaku]

icedman204

<p>It probably won't be called Metal Gear Solid as due to the creators stating it's the END of the solid snake story line. Then again the ending of MGS4 sucked so to make up for it MGS5 sounds like they might make it a true ending.</p>
<p>If not, maybe a remake of the old Metal Gear NES games or a Metal Gear concerning another character of sorts.</p>