• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Old PSP 1.50 Firmware -> Upgrading?

ffactoryxx

So I have been out of the scene for about 2-3 years now.

Last time I messed with my PSP I had 1.50 FW on there.

It seems like some many things have changed. Ive read so many threads and seached everywhere but still can figure out what to do.

Basically, all I want to do is be able to play all new current Games and use all current addons from my new 8gb memory stick.

Do I need to upgrade the firmware or do I need to add any software? I stopped messing with the thing right around when dev hook came out.

Do I need to install the new 4.0x custom FW?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yes but whats that modded FW do that the 1.5 or 3.02 oe won't.

Do I need to upgrade to that or could i just throw the dev hook onto my current 1.5 psp and watch movies and play all my games including GOW

DevHook only emulates up to 3.11 firmware, which won't run GoW. I suggest installing 3.52 M33, upgrade to 3.52 M33-4, then install 4.01 M33. You won't lose any functionality by upgrading. However, you may need to update some of the homebrew applications you have on your memory stick (if any) once custom firmware is installed.

ffactoryxx

DevHook only emulates up to 3.11 firmware, which won't run GoW. I suggest installing 3.52 M33, upgrade to 3.52 M33-4, then install 4.01 M33. You won't lose any functionality by upgrading. However, you may need to update some of the homebrew applications you have on your memory stick (if any) once custom firmware is installed.

So do I need to make myself this so called pandora battery to facilitate this?

Also once upgraded to 4.01 M33 do I need to add anything else or can I just dump all my games and emu's and apps to folders and be on my merry way.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So do I need to make myself this so called pandora battery to facilitate this?

Also once upgraded to 4.01 M33 do I need to add anything else or can I just dump all my games and emu's and apps to folders and be on my merry way.

You don't need to create a Pandora battery but it is recommended, so that you can restore your PSP if anything goes wrong while flashing. I'd install 3.52 M33 then follow the Pandora guide.

Nothing else needs to be added, but like I said, after upgrading, you may need to grab updated versions of the applications you are currently using. For emulators you can find all of the latest versions here:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=6854

ffactoryxx

You don't need to create a Pandora battery but it is recommended, so that you can restore your PSP if anything goes wrong while flashing. I'd install 3.52 M33 then follow the Pandora guide.

Nothing else needs to be added, but like I said, after upgrading, you may need to grab updated versions of the applications you are currently using. For emulators you can find all of the latest versions here:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=6854

Excellant. I appriciate the help.

Whats the easiest 1.50 -> 3.52 M33 guide. I have been out of this scene for so long.

ffactoryxx

You mentioned i should upgrade to 3.52 M33 then to M33-4 then 4.01M33.

Why do I need to upgrade to M33-4

january39

eXo Staff
It should run under the 3.XX kernel, so it should work fine. Provided the read me is followed